² Accidental Auditions

The audition doors suddenly open and you're up on my feet.

You quickly hand your signed forms to the man by the entrance and gently smile.

"Hey.." You quietly begin as Janice's face is unreadable.

She simply tugs on your sleeve, dragging you to the back of the hall where less people occupied.

Was it that bad?

You finally sit, away from those waiting to audition - Janice laughs.

"What's good? Talk to me!"
You lightly punch her arm and she punches back.

"It seemed really good!
They said it was impressive and that they'd keep in touch."

She holds onto your arm and whisper-yells.

"Jan! I'm so proud of you,"
You turn to her, contemplating the next thing that should come out of your mouth.

The words global competition cycles in your head.

"Y/N Choi!" You hear from the audition room.

"You're auditioning?" Jan looks up curiously as you stand from where you two were seated.

She knew you were training under JYPE, and they had been working around your schedule just for you to do so.

"Apparently? I'll explain later."
You smile nervously, give her a small hug and lightly jogging over to the audition room.

You're met with a smile from the man who had previously recruited you in the hall.
We walk in and -

Bang Sihyuk - HitMan Bang, Founder of your favorite boy group.

I'm gonna throw up.

~+×+~

"Ah our last minute audition! Please introduce yourself." Bang PD greets you as you stand in front of the panel.

You've been here before. You're literally a trainee.

Okay yes, but this man created your favorite K-Pop group.
And you have nothing prepared.

"Oh yes, hello my name is Y/N Choi!"
You bow as some type on their keyboards while others write in their notebooks.

"We were informed that you came along to support a friend?" Another judge questioned.

"That's right. My friend needed emotional support as well as someone to rehearse with, so I came along.
I don't have much prepared.."
You mumbled the last sentence and look towards your feet, then back at the panel.

"I'm sure there is something. We are going to ask a few questions and then begin the vocal section of the audition, okay?"
You nod, trying to relax the tension held in your shoulders.

~+×+~

The questions were similar enough to JYP's - How did you start pursing music?
What position do you think best suits you?

But another question occurred - do you have any experience in the K-Pop industry?

Should you lie?
What if you lie and then you get in?
Just lie! What's the big deal? Trainees switch companies all the time.

"I'm currently a trainee for JYP Entertainment." Your mouth speaks before your brain can comprehend what was just said.

The panel looks at you with confused faces, and then at each other.

"You're also an on-campus college student?"

"Yes, my parents agreed that if I finished my first year of college, I can move to Korea to become a full-time trainee.
I trained there for a little more than 2 years, but JYP has been offering me vocal lessons and dance classes here in the U.S."

More note-taking. More nodding.

What have a I gotten myself into?

~+×+~

The auditioned happened in a blink of an eye.

Frankly, you didn't feel too great; rather than performing the choreo you and Joy practiced, you took the chances to perform songs from HYBE artists.

Go Big(hit) or go home.

For now, you're going home.

You explained what happened with the BigHit producer to Janice on your way back to the train station.

She was as giddy about your audition as her own, amazed at the efforts put in by the company.

You brushed it off, believing that other people experienced the same.

"Aw do we have to go? You haven't talked to anyone new today, what if your soulmate's here and you missed them?" Jan grabs and shakes your arm, causing people to turn heads.

"Then it probably wasn't meant to be."

You shrug off her concerns and continued dragging your feet to the subway.

+x+

[A/N]
sorry it's going a bit slow, thank you for reading! ~venus