"Stop fussing."

She let out a huff. I shook my head. She loved to nag just for the hell of it; I always thought it might have been because she liked the way I would put her in her place when she did so. It was always funny, even cute to me. Never got under my skin. She grumbled something under her breath, and I stopped walking.

  "What was that?" I asked, facing her square.

  "What?"

  "I didn't stutter. What did you just say?" I took my sunglasses off.

  "Nothing. Come on." She pulled my hand.

  "Don't get an attitude with me, Toni Michele," I warned.

  "I'm not, Janet Damita," she challenged back.

"Oh, we can go back to the house and discuss this, if you feel that suits you better."

"No. You want a massage? Let's go get a massage."

  "Okay." I sucked my teeth and we didn't say anything else to each other as we made it into the spa at the resort. As not to have a repeat of what happened on our first night here, I specifically requested female masseuses, to which I was awarded a playful punch in the arm from Toni.

  "What, you don't trust me or something?" She teased as we changed into robes.

  "No, not that. We wouldn't be here if I didn't."

  "So why not let a man give me my massage? Their hands are much stronger, you know." She squeezed my side and I flinched. She knew how ticklish I was.

"Look. Everybody here is certified to give us a great massage."

  "We'll see." She eyed me carefully. "And if this isn't all you've hyped it up to be, it's on you."

  "Me?" I touched my chest.

  "Yes, you, Janet Jackson." She sat on top of her massage table and crossed her legs. I approached her slowly, parting her legs so that I could stand between them.

  "You ought to be much nicer to me, I mean, really."

  "And how come?"

  "Who brought you out here? Who's name is that Jet chartered under? Who's little bungalow is that over there?" 

Toni looked around at everything but me. I grabbed her chin and made her look at me. "Huh?" I repeated.

  "I... don't remember," she mumbled. I pushed her and went to my own massage table.

  "I'll remember that, Toni Michele." Just then, our masseuses knocked on the door. They were two, young Polynesian women.  I glanced at Toni, who frowned slightly at the females. I laughed.

A few hours later, and my body felt like a slinky as I changed into a party  dress for the evening. Toni was still in the shower.

Tonight we were going to an exclusive roof top bar.  I was almost ready, but of course Toni was dragging her feet. It was already 10. I peeked into the bathroom to see what was taking so long.

  "Baby, come on. I have a section waiting for us."

  "I had to shave my legs!" She said as she turned the water off. "Can you please leave so I can get out of the shower?"

  "Are you serious?" I went to open the shower door. I was unable to count the amount of times I'd seen her naked.

  "Yes!"

  "Okay." I laughed and left the bathroom. I wasn't sure what that was about, if she was serious or not, but I wasn't going to argue. She just had her moments sometimes.