"Wait, Jasper!" Dema called after him, but it was too late. She heard a door slamming shut as she made her way to the third floor. She quickly noticed a few books were missing from the bookshelf by his room, and soon after that, the whole floor was flooded with soft classical music. Dema frowned and clenched her fists, as she glared at his closed door. "You can't avoid me forever, you idiot! I'm immortal too, you know?" She slammed her fists against his door.

She heard soft shuffling behind the door right before he turned up the volume of the music. She groaned loudly before banging loudly on his door again. Anger rose inside her— which was clearly induced by wolf rage. The louder she banged on his door, the more he turned up the volume.

"You're supposed to be centuries old, but you behave like a freaking toddler! Come out and face me, you little bi-"

"Dema!" A raspy voice cut her off, snapping her out of her rage-induced freakout. The she-wolf turned to Bella, who stood by the staircase, wearing pajamas and a bathrobe— which concealed her pregnant belly perfectly. "What are you doing?" Bella asked with widened eyes. "The door..."

Dema turned back to the door, and let out a quite audible gasp. "Oh, god," Dema mumbled, as she stared at the severely banged up— almost ripped apart— wooden door in front of her. There were no noticeable holes, but the damage was severe. Alice had come out of her room just as Dema turned around with a reassuring smile. "I... I'll pay for it!" Dema offered, but Alice shook her head with widened eyes.

"No need, D. Don't worry about it," Alice replied with a short accepting sigh. "I've been wanting to remodel the house, anyway." She shrugged as she shot her a bright smile.

Dema flushed with embarrassment as she bit her lower lip anxiously. "I would really feel better if you'd let me pay for it."

"It's fine, Dema. Really," Bella comforted her as she placed a hand on her shoulder. "We're all a little tense locked up inside here. It was bound to happen." Alice nodded in agreement. "Let's go get something to eat. Come on."

Dema followed after her pregnant best friend, as they made their way down the stairs and into the kitchen. After helping Bella settle down on a stool by the kitchen, Dema plopped down on a seat beside her. She rested her arms on the table before dropping her head on them and groaning. "Why am I like this?"

Bella frowned and quickly placed a hand on her back comfortingly.

"What's wrong with me? I've never been this clingy and messed up over a boy, and look at me now!" She sat up, choking out the last few words. "I'm an embarrassment. And all because of that little bit-"

"Dema!" Bella shot her a threatening look, and Dema fell silent.

"He's been avoiding me, B. Ever since I left Sam's pack, and after that stupid fight," Dema grumbled bitterly. "He hasn't said a word to me. And the worst thing about it all is that I don't even know if we're still together." At this, a few tears streamed down her face. She quickly buried her face in her arms to hide the fact she was crying. "I'm supposed to be the one playing hard to get, not him." She said between sobs.

Bella wrapped an arm around her shoulders and squeezed her comfortingly. "Have you told him?"

"Told him what?" Dema grumbled, still resting against her arms.

"You know... my wedding present," Bella whispered, and Dema shook her head. "Well, how's he supposed to understand why you left Sam's if you haven't told him, Dema?"