13| He showed no mercy

Bakugou versus Uraraka. 

It was an interesting match. 

Uraraka had been hit multiple times by Bakugou's explosions. Although it seemed as if she was weak, barely anyone noticed her strategy in progress while she was thrown across the arena. 

I heard someone say "Idiots. Look closer," and everyone's attention was directed towards the sky and floating rocks. 

She released them, and just as it seemed as though she actually had a chance, Bakugou sent off the biggest explosion yet, sending everyone's hair flying upwards by the force of air, and a meteor shower started. 

Uraraka had been blown away and I wanted to close my eyes to not see the next scenes. But I kept them open and observed her movements. She had tried to get up, but Bakugou had beaten her up too much. 

He had shown no mercy, and I found out it was because he acknowledged her for getting that far. She fainted and Bakugou was announced the winner. 

As Izuku stood up to get ready for his next match I wished him good luck, worried about how this match would end up.

After their match, I would be up against Iida. I glanced at him and started thinking of a strategy.

He had speed, and I could teleport to dodge, but it would be a difficult battle. How was I supposed to beat this guy? 

Todoroki and Izuku battled on, Todoroki using his ice quirk, and Izuku breaking his fingers twice, along with his right arm. There was lots of speech between the two, and I stayed long enough to see Izuku get fired up and send a powerful blow, nearly knocking Todoroki out. 

There was a limit to both their quirks, and it seemed that Izuku knew Todoroki had reached his ice limit. 

"You think you can win with half your strength?!! Look at me, Todoroki! You haven't managed to put a single scratch on me yet!" 

Clenching his fist, he yelled, "So come at me with all you've got!"

Todoroki seemed infuriated and dashed for Izuku. The green-haired boy punched him straight in the gut, and still managed to avoid the ice. They both started using their quirks recklessly, until the sending the final blows.

Cementos had to step in and create walls, causing a huge explosion. Izuku was slammed into the wall, out of bounds, and Todoroki's shirt was half burned. Midnight had been blown away but quickly returned, without her mask, and announced Todoroki the winner. 

I stood up, nearly traumatized by what I had seen. What I had heard wasn't very pleasant. In his mind, memories of him crying on his mother as a child, and his father kicking his small frail body. 

I walked down to get ready for my match against Iida. I had come up with a few plans, but memories of Yaoyorozu's battle with Tokoyami entered my head. I would have to act on instinct.

"Woah, that was quite an intense battle! Now let's move on with Tenya Iida vs. (Y/N), both from class 1A!"

I stepped on the arena, ready to battle. If I won this round, I would go up against Todoroki in the next round.

"Begin!"

Focusing my attention on Iida, he wasted no time in using Recipro Burst to get behind me and tried to push me out of bounds.

We had been on the same team before, and I was prepared for his attack. My body instinctively acted a second before crossing the line.

I teleported towards the center of the ring and felt Iida still holding my shoulders, visibly dazed.