9| They're "scouting out the competition"

After the USJ attack, the school gave us a day off, probably to recover. They probably wanted us to have a little break.

I took that time to train by levitating since I happened to hear Mr. Aizawa's thoughts about the sports festival coming up.

I first levitated AJ off the floor and then I used it on myself. I went to the backyard to see how high up I could go. This new skill would definitely come in handy for future events, and I was glad I was using my time to do something good and productive.

I really wanted to see what Bakugou was up to, so I took AJ to the front yard to 'play'
on the slide we had.

-

"You guys, did you watch the news last night?"

I heard an excited Hagakure exclaim as her uniform bounced up and down. The class was quite hectic with talk about USJ's attack and Mineta started freaking out saying he'd pee his pants if we continued to speak of that event.

Tick

"Attention, homeroom class is about to start! Everyone, take your seats!" Iida stood in front of the class as I sweatdropped and smiled, "Uhm, Iida, you're the only one standing."

"Yeah man, we're already in our seats." Kaminari supported me as Iida grumpily took his seat, and Mina wondered who our teacher would be.

"No idea. Mr. Aizawa is still recovering in the hospital,"
Tsuyu brought a finger to her chin as I rested my chin on my palm and grinned.

'You'll be surprised'

And the door scraped open as a mummified Aizawa entered the class.

"My well being doesn't matter. What's important is that the UA sports festival is about to start.'' His eyes were barely visible as I saw him look at me through the thin open space of the bandages.

'And here I thought I saved him a great deal. I barely did anything.'

I sighed and instantly regretted my decisions during the USJ attack.

Everyone started getting excited as the class broke out into a chattering mess about safety, recruitment, and competition.

"That means you better not slack off on your training, class is dismissed."

Yay, lunchtime. I wanted some soba today but before I left Kirishima and Yaoyorozu came to my desk as they talked about Shoji's quirk and how flashy it was.

"Hey (Y/N), excited for the sports festival?" I heard from behind me.

"Hm? Oh, yeah of course! I'll finally be able to show off my quirk."

"Yeah, it's a great opportunity for all of us," Yaoyorozu replied as I stood up and followed her to the cafeteria. We got in line behind Todoroki as I heard his thoughts.

'So Izuku Midoriya and All Might huh?'

I widened my eyes as I raised my head to look at him.

Had he found out their secret as well?

I would have to investigate, but that would be later. My stomach was growling, 'Feed me!'
I sighed and rubbed my stomach as lunchtime was quickly over and soon so were back in class.

As I packed my things to leave I heard Uraraka exclaim and ask why our doorway was blocked. I was also wondering why so many thoughts were filling my head. More than usual that is.

I peeked my head over to meet a giant mob of kids and saw Bakugou pass by me.

"They're scouting out the competition, idiots.''

I pouted and sat on top of one of the desks as I listened to a boy named Shinsou and Tetsutetsu have an interesting conversation with Bakugou.

Bakugou exited the classroom and Kirishima clenched his fist while saying, ''Man, I hate how that was such a manly exit!"

I jumped off the desk and stood in front of the whole crowd. Then I bowed a bit and opened my mouth to speak. Everyone was surprised by my actions.

"I apologize for my friends' rude behavior. But we're not all talk. We didn't plan the USJ attack, and we just happened to be the unfortunate class who got stuck in there."

I looked up and took a step out.

"But I'm not looking for rivals just yet. Oh, and about your 'declaration of war', Shinsou, we're also going to give it our all. So expect a battle for the top place."

I stared at his purple eyes as I made sure he wouldn't be able to use his quirk, and finally, I looked away and walked after Bakugou.

"Excuse me," I said as some made way for me, others stood their ground, and some were already blushing.

I was too focused on how I would train to notice I had passed Bakugou until I arrived at my house. I sighed and went in, getting ready to be greeted by a hectic child.

The next two weeks were also hectic snd tiring. Endless training for me, as I researched more about people with similar quirks to mine, and asked my mom for advice. She taught me to use telepathy to read an opponent's moves and use psychokineses to levitate myself above arenas. I knew that this information and training would eventually pay off, but I'd have to see for myself what the sports festival would be like.