11| She's practically a walking cheat sheet

As Midnight explained the next game, cavalry battle, Yaoyorozu and I were already nodding to each other, deciding we would be on the same team. Then I paused when I heard that the first place winner's points would be 10 million. 

I glanced at Izuku and found everyone glaring at him, knowing that if they knocked his team out, they would have the most points. I was immediately glad I had landed in second place, if not, no one would want to team with me. 

Then I heard his thoughts again. He was thinking,' What they say is true. It's hard being at the top, right All Might?'

I stared at him as if he was a shy puppy who had gained confidence, and mused, 'Oh no, he's gaining confidence!'

Midnight further explained the rules, about our points adding up based on the earlier game and how it would increase and decrease as we snatched headbands from others. 

'Meaning if I pair with someone who has a lot of points, and we kept them throughout the game, we could win without snatching any others!' I started muttering to myself, similarly to Izuku.

"Looks like Midoriya's rubbing off on you, (Y/N)."

I hadn't realized that Midnight had finished explaining and the 15 minutes had started. Yaoyorozu stared at me with her arms crossed in front of her chest like usual, Todoroki behind her.

"O-Oh, sorry I guess I was just in deep thought."

She chuckled and turned to look at Todoroki.
"So, do you want to team up with us?"

"I believe that's why I came here."

His reply seemed funny and sarcastic to me but I didn't laugh. He was the correct person to pair with.

"Now, we just need one more person..." Yaoyorozu said while looking around.
I also looked around wondering who the next teammate would be.

"Well, let's see, Todoroki is both offensive and defensive, and so are you, Yaoyorozu. I can also be both. We can use Todoroki's ice to block other teams while snatching their headbands, and you can create weapons or any necessary items. Not to mention I could use those creations and set traps all around..." I started muttering again and stopped when I noticed them both staring at me.

I awkwardly laughed while scratching the back of my head.
"Oh, oops. Looks like Izuku really is rubbing off on me."

They gave me small snickers and added details to my plan.
"Yeah, and we could use someone with speed, to get us out of trouble." Todoroki looked down, as I realized who he meant.

"Oh, Iida..."
I turned around to look for him, and luckily he was looking for a team too.

Once we had agreed on Iida being a part of the team we started planning out our strategy. Then, just as we were about to move to the side, Izuku came running after us, or Iida and me.
"(Y-Y/N), please be on my team!"

I felt my heart pang a bit of guilt as I rejected him.
"Oh, Izuku...I'm sorry, I already have a team."

He widened his eyes as he turned to Iida and both he and Uraraka gave him a hopeful look.
"I'm also sorry, Midoriya, but I've been losing to you since the start. I won't be joining your team."

'Rude.'

Iida then turned towards us and joined us in talking about our strategy.
In the end, we had decided on Todoroki as the rider, Yaoyorozu as the right-wing, Iida as the front, and me as the left-wing. 

"Wait for a second, Todoroki, I don't know if you've realized, but (Y/N) has a powerful quirk that can easily take away any headbands. We shouldn't have to worry about losing them in the first place." Iida interjected before we started.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean we can slack off. We still have to be on guard, and use our quirks to our advantage." Yaoyorozu replied.

I noticed Todoroki staring at me out of the corner of my eye, and pretended to think about our plan.

'It's true that (Y/N)'s quirk is powerful and can easily snatch any headbands. She's practically a walking cheat sheet to anyone, but it's nice to have her on my team, not against it.'

I heard his thoughts and was troubled whether that was a compliment or not. I also debated whether to tell them about my telepathy, but kept my mouth shut instead.

"Let's get this party started!"

When the countdown was finished, everyone went for Izuku. It almost made me feel bad. Some others came after us but Iida and I used speed and psychokineses to easily run and get across while snatching the other team's headbands. 

"(Y/N), Iida, bring us down," Todoroki ordered.
After the rankings showed up, everyone was really surprised that class 1A wasn't doing so well. All except for my team. We were in 2nd place.

I caught sight of two familiar blonde heads. Bakugou and Monoma, and as usual, it seemed Monoma was pissing someone off. But I didn't have time to worry about that. We were chasing after Izuku's team, cornering them at the very edge.

As we faced them head to head, we caught them off guard, and Todoroki ordered, "I'll be taking that now." His calm and collected voice made me proud of my team's decisions.

Todoroki formed ice all around them to close off any escape routes. He then quietly said, "When the last moment hits, (Y/N), you take that headband from him," I nodded and bit my bottom lip, feeling as if I'd regret doing that. But, it was for the team, so I'd have to follow through.

Izuku had gotten on the defensive as Tokoyami brought out Dark shadow, and they moved to the left, my side. I made slight eye contact with Izuku and immediately looked away. Time was running out and Iida's time to shine had finally arrived.

Preparing himself, he made us practically teleport across, giving me a chance to raise his headband and place it in Todoroki's palm. We stopped just before crossing the line as Izuku's team dashed for us, and Todoroki began to use his fire quirk.

'My left side. What am I doing?!'

I widened my eyes as I saw Izuku snatch one of the headbands from Todoroki. I strained my neck to see and realized it was only 70 points.

Then, Bakugou appeared and flew towards us, as well as Izuku's team. I blocked Tokoyami's dark shadow with telekinesis, and Yaoyorozu conjured a staff for Todoroki. Freezing it up, we all got ready just in case if any of them managed to get close before the few seconds were over. Luckily, the alarm rang, signaling that the round was over.

"Time's up!"

Bakugou landed straight on his face, punching the ground.
I sighed and put Todoroki down, stretching my arms.
"Phew."

"In first place, team Todoroki!" I leaned my head on Yaoyorozu as I asked her to massage my arms.
"Oh, you were carrying Todoroki for us weren't you?"

I nodded and closed my eyes, as Izuku cried out a river because his team didn't land in last, but in fourth. He was happy and relieved.

Walking towards the benches, I stared as Todoroki pulled Izuku over to the side. He didn't touch him but you know what I mean. I figured Todoroki simply wanted to 'talk' so I followed Yaoyorozu. 

I was going to continue walking until I realized that Todoroki had come up with a theory.

I stopped and listened to his thoughts, my heartbeat quickening by the second.

"Are you All Might's secret love child or something?"

I sighed and continued walking. He knew something was up, but he hadn't figured out their secret. So, the coast was clear. I just needed to rest for the next round.