Retreat

-Xavier's Institute-

"Hello number 25. Ready for your first mission back with us tonight?"

Mr. Wade asked over the phone. Marigold's mind clicked, and she went away. Replaced with the winter soldier number 25. "Yes sir." She said, looking over her shoulder to make sure no one was around to hear her phone conversation.

"Great, you are to hack into the Xavier Institutes computer system located in Professor Xavier's office and download all of the security information onto the hard drive I left in your music folder. Deliver it to me during music class when you come back to school. Call me once you have downloaded the security info."

Number 25 remembered seeing the hard disk drive in her folder after she had left school. But with Jean being kidnapped and brainwashed by Mesmero the next day she had forgotten all about it. Until now. "Understood sir." Number 25 said, and once Mr.Wade gave her permission she hung up the phone. She walked to her bedroom and found her music folder, along with the hard disk drive inside of it. She looked at the time, 9:40pm. She knew that someone would be looking for Marigold soon because of her bedtime. 'I might have just enough time to complete the mission before then.' She thought to herself before exiting her bedroom. She started walking down the hallway towards Professor Xavier's office. Listening for anyone around her. It looked like it was late enough in the night for everyone to have stopped working. "Marigold? Are you around here?" Ororo called from down the hallway. Number 25 quickly turned herself invisible, she looked down at the ground and saw that the rug was showing where she was standing. As Ororo walked around the corner into the same hallway Number 25 was in the girl jumped into the air and stood on an invisible shield. "Marigold?" Ororo called again, looking down the hallway, unable to see the girl a few feet in front of her. "Where could she have run off to?"
 Ororo asked with a smirk, more than used to the girl running away from her before bedtime. She turned around and left the hallway. Number 25 let out a sigh and continued to make her way to The Professors office. She got to the door of the office she leaned her ear against the door to see if she could hear anyone on the inside, and once she was sure that no one was inside the office she used a shield to pick the lock and open the door. Staying invisible she went to the computer and inserted the hard drive. There must have been some program inside the chip because Number 25 didn't even need to turn the computer on, it instantly started downloading stuff off of the computer without her touching a single button. She looked at the time. "9:52...come on, hurry up." She whispered, watching at the loading bar appeared on the computer screen and started to fill up. As the computer worked Number 25 kept her attention on the door, waiting to see if anyone would walk by. But no one did, and as soon as the hard drive was full the computer turned back off and she pulled the hard drive back into her pocket. She stayed invisible as she left the office and locked it back, making it seem like no one had ever been there. She started making her way back towards her bedroom when she felt two arms wrap around her from behind and lift her into the air. She cried out in shock and turned visible, looking behind her to see Logan. Her blood ran cold for a moment, before she saw his smile. He thought that he was holding Marigold.

-Logan Pov-

"Logan! You scared me." Marigold said, her lips pouting. I smirked as I started walking down the hallway again with the girl in my arms. "Good, that's what you get for trying to hide from Ororo around bedtime...you know I can always smell ya." I said as I entered Marigold's room and playfully dropped her on the bed. She giggled as she bounced and turned to face me. "I'm getting better at hiding." She said with a grin as Ororo entered the room behind me. "Yes you are, but now is not the time to be practicing your hiding skills. Now is the time for rest." She said folding her arms. Marigold agreed and I ruffled the girls hair before telling her goodnight. "Goodnight Mr.Logan!" She said as I walked out. I paused, Marigold never calls me 'Mr.Logan' I shrugged my shoulders and let it go for now. I call her by a nickname, maybe she was trying one out on me.