Spyke Cam

-Bayville Middle School-

"So there I am minding my own business when my stupid older brother walks in and changes the channel! Right as they were announcing the winner! I can't stand him sometimes I swear-" Marigold was relaxing on one of the many swings that were behind the middle school. Recess was one of the few things that Marigold actually liked about middle school, the high school students would tell her how lucky she was to still have it. Sandy was going off about another on of her siblings again and the whole group was listening. Sandy, Marigold had found out, had a way with her words. She was good at telling stories. Which Marigold envied very much, considering that she was barely brave enough to say the correct answer in class when the teacher called on her. 'to think that I go on dangerous missions with the X-men and take down bad guys on the regular and such trivial things in school fill me with fear' she thought to herself as she gently swung back and forth, "Yo! Earth to Marigold!" She snapped out of her thoughts when Sandy snapped her fingers in front of her face. "Oh, sorry - I got lost in my head." Marigold said, blushing as the rest of the group was looking at her. She knew all their names, and they were all nice from the moment that Sandy introduced her to them. But after a few days she had figured out that she had become friends with the misfits of their grade. She didn't mind it, but that didn't stop some of the popular people from picking on her along with everyone else in her friend group from time to time. But it was worth it to have a good group of friends, Sandy the most. The two really had hit it off, and Marigold was thankful that she was kind enough to be friends with the 'new girl'. "I can tell, did you even hear my question?" Sandy asked putting her hands on her hips. Marigold could feel my cheeks turning red as she shook her head back and forth. "Sandy asked about the people you go to that institute with! My older sister has a crush on Scott Summers." Ginger said with a smirk. "Yea, it must be annoying being the youngest at times." Sandy said. " I know I would get so annoyed if I had like 1,000 older siblings pushing me around all the time. Marigold shrugged her shoulders, while it was annoying that she had a few more rules then the older students. She wouldn't say that she disliked it. "I-I don't know really. They are nice to me." And she had never considered them to be her siblings in any form or fashion. Once again the reality of her being alone made her frown as the conversation continued on without her. She loved everyone at the Xavier Institute, but she didn't think that anyone would see her as a little sister. They all had families of their own, just because she didn't have one, didn't mean that the other students had to adopt her in any form or fashion. "Hey! Check out my new beads I braided in." Sandy said, pulling Marigold out of her head again. Marigold smiled as Sandy turned to show her the braids in her hair. That was one thing that the people in her class liked to make fun of Sandy for. The girls hair was braided differently everyday, and it always had either some beads, ribbons, or other decoration in them. Mike was usually the one claiming that Sandy's hair was already strange enough without all that 'junk' in it, but Marigold always thought Sandy's hair looked really cool, along with her bright colored clothing and jewelry. Marigold was always more plain when it came to her clothing, but she enjoyed Sandy's fashion. The bell rang a few minutes later signaling the end of their recess and everyone started going inside. As Marigold walked along a few friends she looked over her shoulder to the High-school building that was across the street. Her mind went back to the other students at the institute, and she wondered how they viewed her. She felt really close with Scott, Jean, Kurt, and the adults. But the other students, it was harder to tell if they actually liked her, or just put up with her and saw her as nothing but an annoying younger sibling that wasn't even related to them.

- After School-

Marigold stood in front of the school with Sandy and a few other girls, waiting for Scott to come by. "Oh there he is! That's Scott. I'm going to tell my sister I'm friends with his sister. She will freak!" Ginger said as the red car pulled up to the sidewalk where the group of middle school girls were sitting. Marigold waved bye to her friends as she climbed into the back of the car. She climbed over Rogue's lap and took the middle seat (the seat she always got stuck in if the car was full, perks of being the smallest) and put her backpack on her lap. "Like, buckle up girl. You can never be to careful when Scott's driving." Kitty said with a smirk. Kitty helped Marigold find the buckle as Scott said, "at least I'm a better driver than you!" Jean laughed at the two from the other front seat. "Where are Kurt and Evan?" Marigold asked as Scott started driving back to the Institute. "Kurt had to leave school early because his watch was on the fits and he was turning blue at random. And Evan is skating home." The girl nodded at the information and leaned back in the seat as everyone around her talked, it was normal. Everyone at this point was used to Marigold's quiet nature and didn't think twice about it. It was also normal for Kitty and Rogue to bicker, which started happening on the way back as well. And poor Marigold was stuck in the middle.  "I didn't swipe your stupid novel." Rogue said. "Oh right, so I bet it somehow got into your gym locker on accident then." Kitty said. "You loaned it to Kurt, and Kurt loaned it to me. I was going to give it back." Marigold pushed her glasses up her nose and sighed in relief when Scott pulled into the Institute. Jean smiled at the young girl as she climbed out of the car behind Kitty, who was calling after Rogue as she stomped into the Institute. "I bet it was fun riding between those two." Jean said walking up to the young girl. "Why do they argue like that sometimes? One second their fine, and the next their arguing over nothing." Marigold said in confusion as she followed Scott and Jean inside. "Well that's just what happens when you live together. We spend a lot of time together, so small arguments like that are bound to happen." Scott said. Marigold thought back to Sandy and her brother arguing. "So kind of like siblings?" Marigold asked. "You can think of it that way. We are really close to each other, and we live together. So we're practically siblings at this point huh?" Jean said at she and Scott walked up the steps in the main foyer. Marigold let them go and she watched as the two of them walked side by side, Scott and Jeans relationship didn't seem to be the same as Rogue's and Kitty's. Figuring out how relationships worked was sometimes overwhelming for the young girl. But she let it go for the time being as she went into the kitchen to find something to snack on.