Chapter 44 ~ Always Isn't Forever

Start from the beginning

Aunt Rebekah gasps, and then grabs the stick and rips it out before ramming it through Z's chest. "Game over, Laurena." She whispers in her ear, and her body turns white and all the veins in her body show and roll up before she falls to the ground dead. Aunt Rebekah turns to face me, and we exchange a nod. She then turns and dashes off to help Marcel fight off some vampires and wolves.

Suddenly, I fly to the side and land hard on the ground, and my shoulder is slashed open by a large wolf. Rolling over, I'm shocked that it's in wolf form, but I don't waste any time fighting it off. Grabbing its muzzle and keep it open as it snarls and tries to bite me.

Its long claws pierce through my shoulders and arms, and gasping my first instinct is to use magic. But, instead, I ram its mouth closed with one hand and start to choke it, before flipping over and elbowing it a few times.

Then, without blinking, I snap its neck before jumping up. Staring down at it, I blink a few times before wiping the blood off my arms and shoulders. Swallowing hard, my eyes dart over the fight looking for Astra or Mikael. I spot Mikael and my dad fighting, and my heart drops to my stomach when I see that Mikael has the white oak stake.

Grabbing onto the first object I see, a large pipe, I launch it at Mikael and it hits Mikael in the side and he is thrown to the side. Dad looks over at me, I smirk before turning and seeking out Astra. Spotting her, I notice that she is fighting with Briar and winning.

Without hesitating, I dash at Astra and thrust my hand at her and channel all my anger and hate to her into my hand. I can feel the energy flow through my body and ripple out, before engulfing Astra.

My magic shatters her block, and she gasps and falls to her knees in pain and her eyes are bulging, her skin is pale and her ears start to bleed "Who's winning now?" I snarl, and Briar looks over at me shocked.

I look over at Briar, a dark and wicked expression on my face and flowing through me. "Go help my family." I say, and she nods before dashing away.

Turning back to Astra, I catch Uncle Elijah out of the corner of my eye fighting his way into the building followed by Samuel. Smirking, my full attention is changed to my biggest enemy. She isn't even moving she is in so much pain, and is paralyzed from it. "I can kill you right now and not even think twice about it." The snarl in my voice makes her stare at me in shock, and fear.

"Do it. Kill me and your mother." She chokes out, and I look at her in shock. Realizing what that means, I release her and growl. "I linked your mother and I. Kill me, you kill her. So go ahead, do it." She says evilly, and stands up the pain obviously not affecting her anymore. "I dare you." She takes a step closer to me, and we stare at each other. Both of our eyes filled with rage and hate.

Tears leap to my eyes, but they're not tears of sadness but of anger and rage. Clenching my jaw, our faces are only inches apart and I can feel her breath. My fangs slide out, and I growl angrily. I can feel all the emotions stirring inside of me just come rushing to the surface. Anger, frustration, and most of all... Hatred. I can't keep it in, and I let out a loud roar. The ground trembles, and all the wolves yelp and fall to the ground.

Magic ripples out of my body, and every spell within miles of me ends. My eyes snap open and are blood red and gold, and I keep roaring before it ends and is replaced with a deadly growl and snarl. My mouth waters for her blood, and I hiss before lunging forwards and ripping into her neck with no mercy. Astra screams, and I am ripped off of her by Mikael and thrown aside.

I jump up in a blur, and snarl at him. Mikael heals Astra with his blood, and I look around quickly for my dad. I spot him staring at me, and I look at him long and hard. He is by my side in a flash, and he is breathing hard. "Your roar stopped the white oak stake from working, I would've died if you hadn't stopped it." He said, and I notice that I am crying hard and that blood is dripping from chin.