Chapter 12: 10 Minutes of Fame

Start from the beginning

Kairi: was that you?

Kenji: sorry, your attire makes it look good

Kairi: well then, after we win our matches, we can do what our hearts desire

She then teased him by shaking her bottom while tapping it. Kenji fell back down on the couch.

Kenji: you'll be the death of me

Kairi giggled and left the locker room for her match.

Kairi Sane vs. Shayna Baszler - 10 minute time limit match

With only 10 minutes, Kairi has a small window of opportunity to ground the Queen of Spades. As the bell rang, the Pirate Princess unleash her offense with quick rapid punches on the NXT Women's Champion. Shayna shoved Kairi, but the Pirate Princess quickly went back up and continue her barrage of punches.

(3 minutes later)

With 7 minutes remaining for Kairi, the NXT Women's Champion took her time, so that the clock can count down. Kairi went back in fight mode by stunning Baszler with a spear. Wasting no time, Kairi went up top and dropped the Insane Elbow, but the Queen of Spades kicked out.

(5 minutes later)

2 minutes remained in the match, and both Superstars were tired, however Shayna had the advantage as her fellow Horsewomen Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir came down to the ring. Shayna knew if her friends interfere, Kairi wins the match, but not the title match.

However Shayna's match immediately backfired as Dakota and Io ambushed Jessamyn and Marina. With her back turned, Kairi leveled Shayna with another spear.

She then rushed up to the top turnbuckle and dropped another Insane Elbow. The ref counted the pin and the clock stopped with 20 seconds remaining. With the clean pinfall win, Kairi has earned a NXT Women's title shot at Takeover.

Backstage, Kairi went to Kenji's locker room and jumped into her boyfriend's arms.

Kairi: I won! I won!

Kenji: I'm so proud of you baby!

Kairi: now it's your turn

Kenji: yeah

Kairi: a bit of strategy, as the bell rings unleash your offense

Kenji: okay, I'll do that

The Samurai's match was next; he now has a strategy going into the match all thanks to Kairi. The Pirate Princess kissed him for good luck and watched him leave for his match.

Kenji Cruz vs. Adam Cole - 10 minute time limit match

Following Kairi's strategy, Kenji unleashed full offense from the opening bell, surprising the Panama City Playboy. Cole hastily rolled out of the ring to catch his breath, but with only 10 minutes, Kenji made every second count; he rolled out of the ring and threw Cole back in the ring.

(5 minutes later)

With only 5 minutes remaining, Kenji positioned Cole for Gojira, but the NXT Champion got out of it and fazed the Samurai with an enziguri followed by a superkick. With Kenji on his knees, Cole went for the Last Shot and hit it. The UE leader went for the pin, but Kenji kicked out.

With 1 minute remaining, Cole took advantage by letting the clock countdown. However, Cole underestimated Kenji's resilience as he was shocked to see the Samurai coming back on his feet.

The clock was down to 30 seconds and the rest of the Undisputed Era looked to interfere, but that plan backfired as Ciampa, Gargano and Kushida ambushed them for vengeance. With Cole distracted, Kenji capitalized on the distraction and nailed the NXT Champion with Gojira. He quickly went for the pin and the ref counted. The clock stopped with only 5 seconds to spare.

Kenji has now earned his title shot for Cole's title at Takeover.

(Backstage)

As Kenji went to his locker room, he saw a note on his couch. He picked it up and smiled as he recognized the handwriting of his girlfriend.

I saw your match baby, and I'm proud of you; I'm at your hotel room waiting for what your heart desires - Kairi

He was now excited, so he wasted no time in washing up and getting dressed before going back to the hotel.

(20 minutes later)

Kenji reached his hotel room to find it silent.

Kenji: Kairi?

No response from his Pirate Princess; he then went into the bedroom assuming she was there. He went to see the bed empty, but unbeknownst to him, Kairi was hiding behind the door. The Pirate Princess gently closed the door and jumped onto Kenji's back.

Kairi: hi!

Kenji: well hello cutie

Kairi: I'm so proud of you, babe

Kenji: I won with 5 seconds left

Kairi: and now since we won our matches...

Kenji: I've read your note, so I know what you mean

Kairi: well then...

She got closer and whispered into his ear.

Kairi: satisfy me and do what your heart desires

Kenji: aye aye, Captain

The couple shared a passionate kiss before it immediately got heated. Kenji carried Kairi and set her down on the bed while they still kissed.

The couple then got down to business.

(30 minutes later)

Kairi and Kenji cuddled in bed while the breathed heavily. The Pirate Princess had a satisfied smile on her face.

Kenji: we both wore each other out

Kairi: yeah, but it was worth it

Kenji: let's get some sleep baby

Kairi: okay

The couple are now full of confidence heading into Takeover. Kairi laid on Kenji's chest as the Samurai wrapped his arm around her. Then they fell asleep.