21 - LAVENDER AND ROSEMARY

Emma Swan decided that it was in her best interest to join Regina and help her interrogate Hyde. After discovering the secret she shared with Teresa ─ the secret they all deserved to know ─ she didn't want Regina to hide anything else from them again. After splitting from David and Killian, she made her way toward the hospital, arriving just as Regina was getting ready to interrogate Hyde. When Regina heard her hurried footsteps, she rolled her eyes and approached Emma.

"Emma, what are you doing here?"

Emma folded her arms. "I'm only here for Teresa, and to make sure you keep nothing important from us that Hyde may tell you again."

"Again, it wasn't just me. Teresa wanted to keep it a secret, and I agreed. It was better that no one knew."

"What if while Henry was staying with us he drank the potion? I wouldn't have known what to do. We deserved to know about Mary Poppins, Regina."

Regina sighed. "Do you want me to apologize? Fine. I'm sorry. Now can we go see what Hyde knows, or would you rather continue wasting what little time we have left?"

In silence, the both of them entered Hyde's cell, and found him lounged on his bed with a smirk on his face. "Regina Mills and Emma Swan ─ to what do I owe the pleasure?"

Emma got straight to the point, asking, "Who did you bring to Storybrooke?"

"I brought those who are only necessary to my work."

"Any of them happen to enjoy murdering children?" asked Regina.

Her question seemed to pique his interest, as Hyde's eyes opened and he sat up in bed, turning to lean his back against the wall. He eyed them carefully, trying to decipher the emotions on their face to find out what could have happened while he was locked in his cell. "They had been guests in my realm, this is true, but not everyone knows their guests extraordinary well. Whom is it we are speaking of?"

Regina and Emma exchanged a look, wondering if they should tell him about Teresa. After sharing a brief nod, Regina revealed what happened to the young archer which caused a look of surprise to appear on Hyde's face.

"Well, that is quite a predicament indeed. How unfortunate for you that I cannot help," he grinned.

"How do you not know if someone from your land was a murderer?" Emma asked, irritated that they weren't getting anything from him that could help solve their case.

"Many come and go," he shrugged, "it's hard to keep track of them these days. Some want to be forgotten, some do not. Perhaps this person was a stowaway."

Regina held out her hand, using her magic to strangle him. "Did you or did you not hire someone to kill Teresa?" Hyde gasped for breath as she continued to squeeze his throat.

Emma bit her lip, before pushing Regina's hand down, which earned her a glare. "If he can't talk, how are we supposed to get answers?"

Hyde rubbed at his throat, spluttering from breath while coughing. He cleared his throat before speaking. "I didn't hire anyone. If she were to be killed, I would have preformed the act myself. The only thing I conspired against Teresa Holmes was the use of my potion, which, as you know, failed."

They stared at him for a long moment, before deciding to leave. Emma and Regina knew that he was telling the truth, which meant talking to him any further would be a complete waste of their time. They had to remain focused and find out who did this to before someone got hurt. Neither of them could bear it if Henry ended up the next victim.

"This isn't right," Regina sighed as they made their way out of the hospital.

"I know," Emma frowned. "She's just a kid. I don't understand why someone would want to do this."