7 - TABLE FOR TWO

vii. table for two

━ ❝ a surpise isn't a surprise if one tells it too soon. ❞

━━━━━ ✦ ✧ ━━━━━

━━━━━ ✦ ✧ ━━━━━

TERESA STOOD NERVOUSLY in front of her body length mirror, staring at her reflection in pure shock. She didn't even look like herself. This unknown person with her face was wearing subtle makeup, heels, a dress and had her hair done in beautiful curls. It was as if she was staring at a stranger. So long ago, in the Enchanted Forest, she would shake her head when she would spot a princess or some wealthy lady that was dressed like she is now, practically spatting on their wealth and how they presented it. Yet here she was, clad just as they were.

There was a knock at the door and before she could even ask who it is, the knob twisted and in stepped Snow. The raven-haired woman smiled brightly and her eyes became glossy when her eyes fell upon Teresa. She looked to her best friend in shock and adoration, staring at her as if she were staring at her daughter, picturing this to be Emma instead of her best friend.

"You look beautiful, Teresa," Snow spoke tearfully. Her hand lifted and settled against her lips.

Teresa's cheeks burned and her gaze dropped to the ground. She really never was good at receiving compliments. Especially when it came to her appearance. She always thought she looked dull and boring, with her plain blond hair and natural, icey-blue eyes. But, still, she thanked her best friend.

"My grandson is one lucky young man," Snow continued, only further embarrassing the teenage girl. Then suddenly, there was a knock at the door, which caused Snow's face to light up brightly. "Oh! That must Henry now!"

Teresa chuckled when Snow grabbed ahold of her wrist and began pulling her from her bedroom. They turned the corner and descended the stairs, coming to the front door, where Henry stood with his grandfather, clad in a suit and holding a bouquet of flowers and looking like a perfect gentleman. Even though she wouldn't admit it out loud, Teresa never thought her boyfriend looked more handsome than he did now. Despite the gray suit he wore, Henry hadn't even bothered to style his hair to match his attire. He knew she loved his natural look, as she would sometimes run her hands through it when they would sit in the park with Neal on a blanket. So when she noticed his natural hairstyle, her heart fluttered.

When they stepped down from the last step, Teresa met his cocoa eyes and her stomach began twisting and turning in every which way; butterflies, fireworks╶ the whole works.

"You look ... " Henry was lost for words as he stared her up and down, taking in her unusual attire. He never thought he would see her in a dress. She quite literally took his breath away and was making him stumble for words.