Chapter 4

"Hello sir, are you in the town?" said the doctor from the blood bank of the City Hospital as Nakul picked up the call. He had the contact of hospital especially the blood bank saved in his contact list so it was easier for him to recognize some state of emergency.

"Yes, doctor. What happened?" He said calmly standing in front of the auditorium under the eternal banyan tree which stood steadily since ages. He had an idea of the problem. He knew someone needed blood. 

"Sir, there is an accident. The patient has your blood group, the Bombay type. Raghuram Shenoy, our other patient with H blood group has gone to Chennai. He had notified us earlier. Sir, the kid has fallen from 2nd floor and has lost much blood. We don't have stock left anymore. She already has HI, I mean, head injury. Please help or we will not be able to save her." Doctor informed in an urgent monotone hiding all the emotions.

Nakul sighed. He cursed lord to have created a mutant H blood group. He said, "I am coming", as a lone tear escaped from his eye.

Informing Dr. Shukla about the medical emergency and paying regards to him, he immediately asked his driver to drive him to the City Hospital. 

Sitting in the car, several thoughts came to his mind. He realized how unfortunate is he and the kid who is battling for her life. He cried at the thought of having the rarest blood group with no A or B antigen but a unique H substance. He cursed the lord to have created just 4 million people with this unique blood group. He had donated his blood 30 times after he had turned 18 because he knew only he, along with few others, could help some people like himself. Determined to save another life, he asked his driver to drive faster.

In a while, he had reached to the hospital. He immediately rushed to the blood bank of the hospital and asked the staff to make arrangements to draw out blood from his body. Due to anxiety and mixed emotions on hearing about a kid battling for life, he was sweating profusely. 

Completing all the formalities, two bottles of blood was drawn out from his body. The procedure was completed and the staff thanked him profusely. 

Moving out of the blood bank, he developed an urge to have a look at the patient, the kid, doctor had told about. 

He inquired about the emergency case at the reception in a monotone. His twinkling eyes had lost the charm. 

He hopelessly began walking towards the corridor that led to emergency ICUs when his eyes saw someone and he was startled. The world stopped for him for once. He couldn't believe his eyes. What was she doing here?

He had seen 'his' Naina who had just passed through the same corridor. She was running as if she was going to lose someone. He noticed that her radiant eyes had lost the charm and she was visibly crying. 

He followed her amidst the crowd in the hospital and was stunned to have landed in front of the doctor's cabin. His eyes landed up towards the name-plate which read, 

Dr. S. K Khurrana
Senior Consultant
Emergency Room 

He couldn't relate things for once. He stopped by and stood near the door to eavesdrop the conversation. He was utterly devastated at the doubts that came in his mind. He wished nothing were true, until he heard a crying voice saying amidst sobs, "Doc..doctor, m.. my daughter?"

The ground beneath Nakul swept off. He couldn't believe his ears. He couldn't believe Naina was a married lady with a daughter. He realized she was beautiful suggesting she was happily married. He knew that her husband would also come to see their little kid. Tears began to escape from his eyes. 

He began feeling guilty or rather, ashamed to have developed weird, filthy thoughts regarding a gracious married lady. Soon he sat on the nearby bench and began crying profusely. He felt really bad to have eyed someone's wife. He couldn't think of himself getting so low in his life that he wished to romance with a married woman. 

He realized the turmoil and anger of Naina when he found cute irritating her in the auditorium. The thoughts of eyeing someone else's wife consumed his mind and he was beyond guilty, when he remembered the promise he had made in the auditorium to never hurt his love, Dr. Naina. He planned to apologize her for his conduct. He knew it wasn't the right time but he also knew, saying a simple sorry won't harm anyone.

Maintaining his composure and wiping his tears, he walked up to enter the cabin of the doctor only to find Naina and doctor sitting and talking to presumably, about the child. 

Taking a deep breath, he said, "Doctor, I have donated the blood. How's the patient?"

Standing up, the doctor came near Nakul to shake hands with a humble millionaire while Naina turned around recognizing the voice. 

She remembered doctor telling her, "Ma'am, don't worry. We were informed by the school authorities that Awantika Malhotra has a rare blood group. Checking the documents, we called upon one of our doners and he donated the blood. Your daughter is out of danger. The head injury would take time to heal but thankfully, nothing has happened to her brain and skull. She is under the observation and we will discharge her once she is fine and conscious."

She thanked lord to have sent Mr. Mehta as an angel in disguise to help her save her most beloved possession, Awantika. Even if he is a pervert, she thought, she is thankful to him for his help right now. 

She saw doctor was conversing with him while his dazzling blue eyes which she had seen in the morning were lacking energy. He appeared broken. She avoided those thoughts and stood up. 

She said, "Thank you, Mr. Mehta for saving my daughter", with a glimpse of gratitude in her eyes. 

There was another emergency, so the doctor left the room along with the nurse who had come right now. 

"I am sorry Dr. Naina for everything. I mean, anyway." Nakul said immediately with his eyes brimming with tears. He couldn't look into her eyes. He had his head bowed down. 

Before she could say anything, he changed the topic saying, "Could I meet your daughter?" 

She nodded and said, "Yes, Mr. Mehta." 

She moved out of the doctor's cabin towards the private ICU ward in the pediatrics department wherein her daughter was shifted, while Nakul followed her wiping his tears. 

❤❤❤

Hi everyone, 
So, Nakul is a good man. 😉
How did you find him? 
Well! H blood group is the string connecting Awantika and Nakul. For the unversed, H blood group does exists and it is quite rare with 4 million people having it in the whole world. Just search, Delhi's Aditya with Bombay type blood. The man is indeed, an inspiration.
Anyway, share your views. 
P. S thanks for your support with respect to this story. 😘 😘
Love you all, 
💜