Chapter 3

"Thank you, Mr. Raghav Chaddha for your inspirational words. Now we would request, Mr. Nakul Mehta, the CEO of 'Mehta Group of Industries' to grace the podium with his inspirational thoughts."
Young undergraduate girls invited Nakul on the stage with a big round of applause while Naina began to fumble due to an unknown emotion. 

Within seconds, Nakul arrived on the stage in his full glory inwardly smiling towards 'his' Naina. With an unnatural confidence, he took over the podium and began to speak as if he was talking to impress 'his' Naina.

"Good morning everyone, I am honored to be here in front of you all. Fifteen years ago, I used to sit down there imagining myself to speak to the audience standing on the stage of this auditorium." Nakul began telling about the time when as a student he used to attend conferences and desired to be a guest speaker as he pointed towards Naina sitting attentively in the front row. 

Getting nostalgic, he said, "Being an alumni of this institution, today is incredible for me as I have chance to fulfill my dream."

Going down in his memory lane, he told about his family and how his parents detested his idea of entering into business. 

On the other hand, Naina was looking at him, admiring his charismatic personna, his humble nature and his impeccable conduct constantly convincing herself that he wasn't staring at her. She was stuck at the incident that happened few minutes ago. After all, she was a woman. It is said women can sense the unwanted attention from people.

All the time, Nakul avoided looking at Naina because he didn't want to get nervous. He enlightened the public about his share of struggles and how with immense perseverance and wishes of his well-wishers, he achieved all his dreams. Soon the discussion shifted to the future prospects in the hospitality business. Ultimately, he concluded, "Work hard sincerely to get good results but never hurt anyone to be successful in your life".

His emotional speech was lauded by everyone present in the auditorium as the audience was impressed by his simple success mantra. 

Contented he left the stage smiling over his nostalgic memories and looked towards Naina. Giving a smile in her direction, he sat back at his place.

Soon it was the time for refreshments and everyone was requested to leave for the dining area. Admiring his enchanting princess, Nakul remained seated at his place as all the dignitaries left the auditorium. The students who were escorting everyone asked him too but he purposely ignored all of them. Soon everyone including the college students left the auditorium and Naina along with some students stood there.

A boy said, "Ma'am is everything perfect?" Hearing him, Nakul remembered how he used to help his professors especially Dr. Shukla in organizing events. He was close to Dr. Shukla and often visited him even today after fifteen years of his graduation. Precisely, if it was not Dr. Shukla's presence in this entrepreneurial meet, he would have avoided this event. He didn't like exhibiting his share of struggles in public. His chain of thoughts was broken by a sweet voice.

"Yes, Naman everything is just perfect. Come on, everyone go and have fun. Neha, see I have invited Ms. Nia Kapoor too, go meet her and try for your internship in her company", she said in her pleasant voice winking towards the girl as she stood up to go. The students as instructed left. 

Now the man with enamouring blue eyes feigned cough to attract attention of his ravishing beauty. 

Fumbling, Naina turned towards the sound and found herself in an embarrassing position alone in the auditorium with an attractive businessman. She gulped as she saw him feeling that her reputation is at stake. She realized that he was actually staring at her, not the wall or stage. She immediately ran towards the main door of the auditorium mumbling, "Pervert", in a voice only she could hear. 

Immediately regretting his newly developed pervert nature, Nakul said, "Ma'am, stay easy. Since you invited us all, thank you for the honour." He said chuckling.

"Have something over the Hi Tea", said Naina with creases on her forehead though she tried to maintain her polite tone. She didn't like getting any attention from Nakul. She had concluded that he was a certified pervert. 

"Dr. Naina, thanks for the offer but I would like to roam around in the college and remember my good old days", said Nakul chuckling at the way she stood fumbling in front of him. He understood she was getting angry and afraid but he found her cute and sexy when those creases formed on her forehead embellished with fresh droplets of sweat.

Taking a deep breath, he said, "Would you like to accompany me?", as he winked towards her. 

Naina's anger knew no bounds. She couldn't tolerate such a pervert anymore. Stomping her heals on the ground, she said in the most offensive tone, "Sorry, that's not my duty." She immediately left the auditorium before Nakul could walk towards her and embarass her any further.

Mumbling profanities to him, Naina ran towards the dining area. She was immediately called over by Dr. Shukla who was appreciating her idea of this conference in front of Dr. Dixit. Everyone knew this conference was strategically important with respect to the sponsorships and donations in the college.

Nakul, on the other hand, reprimanded himself at irritating 'his' Naina. Chuckling at his thoughts, he followed her towards the dining area. He planned to talk to Dr. Shukla regarding her after the event and talk to her parents. He was genuinely attracted at her enticing antics and he had made up his mind to settle down in life with her. He chuckled at his thoughts of having a feeling of getting married to a girl he had just seen few hours ago. He questioned himself if this newly found feeling was love. He realized even if it is attraction, he had never felt it before. 

He wasn't hungry at all. He was busy watching her eternal beauty while sipping coffee. He planned out his life with her. He smiled at his thoughts of her being mother of his kids and him having a beautiful family with her. 

His thoughts were interrupted by a bunch of students who began interacting with him taking advices about how to plunge into corporate world and how to start some start-ups. He got busy guiding the young minds for their future. One of the guys blatantly asked for an internship to which he smiled and offered him to apply at one of his hotels. 

While talking with them, his eyes searched for his enchanting princess but they couldn't find his Naina anywhere.

Soon everyone began to retreat back to the auditorium while his eyes searched for her. Irritatedly, he followed everyone quickly to grab a seat beside her when his phone rang. 

❤❤❤

Hi everyone,

So a lot can happen over a conference too. 

I am kinda enjoying these little moments. Hope you are liking them too. 

Share your views, and enjoy reading.
Especially the 'certified pervert' tag.
😉

Will be updating soon, till then, take care 

With love 

💜