Chapter 1

"Wake up, wake up, do as I say.. 

Wake up, wake up, it's a brand new day.."

The alarm rang as the clock struck 5am in the morning. It was the beginning of day for Naina.

Though an early riser, Naina had not slept last night owing to her college-related work, so frustratingly Naina opened her beautiful black eyes struggling to wake up from deep slumber. Generally people say being a teacher is an easy job, ask our Professor Naina who loves her not-so-easy job.

She switched off the alarm carefully not to disturb Awantika's sleep. She smiled herself looking at her innocent six year old baby who was peacefully sleeping entangled with her. Releasing  her only ray of hope from her embrace, Naina kissed the forehead of her daughter and got up from the bed reluctantly. Though her body wanted a five minute sleep, her mind knew she couldn't afford it.

Naina had an important day today. She was organizing an important conference in her department on the occasion of the centennial celebrations of the educational institution she was teaching in. She had suffered many sleepless nights to prepare for the same and today, expectedly her efforts would bore fruits. She was enthusiastic about how the meeting with entrepreneurs from all over the nation would light up the sparks in the young minds of her students. There were many dignitaries coming to the conference who were expected to motivate the young minds of the country to achieve something big in their lives. She was particularly excited to meet the young budding entrepreneurs who made their destiny themselves and one of them was Mr. Nakul Mehta.

Naina had somewhere read about him that being born and brought up in a middle class family, Nakul Mehta had aspired to take entrepreneurship as his career. He was a leading face in the hotelier industry. Naina had drawn inspiration from him in her life.

Keeping her thoughts aside, Naina finished her morning business and went to the kitchen to prepare the breakfast for herself and her daughter. After all, she had to drop Awantika to school before going to the college.

Preparing the breakfast, she went to take the shower. Being a single mother to a little child wasn't easy. She didn't get much time for herself. Relaxing herself and humming her favorite tune, she allowed the water to flow from her body as the mentally prepared her day reminding herself the events of the conference. She was worried as she was organizing a conference for the first time. Moreover, this important National Level Conference had dignified entrepreneurs coming to boost up the morale of the students. She had attended many conferences during her career and had always dreamt of organizing one. She was grateful to the Head of the Department, Mr. Shukla who gave her this chance instead of other senior professors.

Dressing up elegantly for the occasion, she draped a peach colored silk sari around herself. She had left her hair open and finished her looks with a pink shade lipstick and dangling earrings. She admired her look for a second and was satisfied that she appeared presentable.

After getting ready, she went near Awantika and engulfed her into a hug as she said, "Good morning, baby."

Kissing on her cheeks, Awantika mumbled a good morning in her baby-like voice. 

Looking at her mother, Awantika said, "Mumma, you are looking beautiful."

"Thank you, dear but just fresh up yourself and let's get ready for school or you will be late", said Naina in a strict motherly tone smiling at her kid who obediently went towards the washroom beginning her day. Also being a punctual woman, Naina hated being late. Each and every minute was important today as she had to check upon every tidbits of the function.

In a while, grabbing their breakfast, the mother-daughter duo rushed towards their car. Naina dropped Awantika to her school and went to the college excited for her day. 

Signing her attendance in the staff room, she ran towards the Commerce Auditorium of her college to see the progress of the work. 

She was grateful to the bunch of undergraduates who were rushing just like her to make the event a success. 

Addressing the students, she said, "Good morning students, you have worked really hard", as she admired the hard work of enthusiastic students who had beautifully decorated the auditorium. 

Remembering about the leftover work of the previous day, she politely asked the students, "Naman, are the momentos ready? Radhika, have you informed the HoD about the arrival of guests? Neha, go to the canteen and remind about the refreshments?..."

Assuring everything was up to the mark, she appreciated the students for their hard work and engrossed herself in preparing her speech for today.

❤❤❤

Hey, everyone!

How's the first chapter?

Well! This is one of my favorite chapters depicting the beautiful bond of a mother daughter relationship.💓

By the way, it's the next chapter wherin Naina will cross the path of Nakul. 😉

Hope you are liking it!

Do share your views and feedback. 😍 

Love you all

💜