Chapter 18

Brandy

I unblock Nancy's phone and the missed calls and text messages begin flooding in. I didn't bother to read them they were too many. Once I got to her place I decided to call her instead of knocking on the door. It rung three times before she answered.

"Brandy? Are you okay? Why are you calling so late?" I smile at her twenty-one questions.

"I'm fine. I just needed to clear my head."

"Well are you done clearing your head? Can you come back over now?" I laughed.

"Is it really that easy?"

"Why wouldn't it be? This isn't high school. I'm in love with you and I'm so sorry for hurting you baby. Please come back to me." My heart ached at that moment. This was it. This was the real deal. Taking the keys out of the ignition I said.

"I'm outside right now."

"I'm coming." She hung up and in seconds the door swung open. Damn was she beautiful. And how she looked at me. So lovingly. With a bit of apprehension. "I'm sorry for hurting you baby."

"I could have handled it better."

"We both could have." She took my hand and pulled me inside. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you to baby." She kissed me.

"Don't ever leave again."

"Never."

"Swear it to me."

"You are my future wife remember? I swear you are stuck with me forever."

"Good." She said smiling from ear to ear. "That mean you're still coming to Florida with me?"

"Anywhere you go baby I'll go." We walk into the livingroom and it's completely empty besides a pallet on the floor. I knew the bedroom was empty also then.

"I hope you don't mind sleeping on the floor."

"No I don't mind." She pulled me on top of her making me laugh. "Baby don't you think we need to talk?"

"Where are your things? In your car?" I nod my head. "Enough said then. Come here." She kisses me as she slids her hands under my shirt making me moan. I know we have a long road ahead of us but I think this is a good start.

Nancy

We had dropped off Brandys car to Allison's house where I found they had talked and made up. They said there final goodbyes and we made our way to the airport with the promise to get Brandys car later. I was excited to see my family again but nervous at the same time. How was I going to tell them about my sexuality? Would they accept Brandy once I introduce them? So many questions was floating around in my head. I just pray all went well. I didn't want to lose Brandy nor my family.

I felt as she wrapped her arms around my waist as we waited for the plane.

"You're so nervous."

"Damn is it written on my face?"

"Pretty much. I see it all over your face. Are you sure about this?"