7

I walked up to the place where Riri wanted to meet me. I was still confused from the events of yesterday. As I walked to the fountain, I saw a girl with short hair sitting there, phone in hand. When she saw me she stood up.

"Riri?" I asked.

"Yes, that's me" She said.

I walked closer to her, as she put her phone in her jean pocket.

"I told you not to get confused with anyone else"

"I'm sorry?"

"Are you serious? You still haven't figured it out?" She to asked with disappointment in her face.

"Our dates got mixed up" she said, crossing her arms.

"But how?"

"It's obvious. You met the wrong Riri. And I met the wrong Yeonjun"

"You said you were at the place already though"

"I said I was on my way, that does not mean I'm already there"

We stood there in awkward silence.

"Let's get together" she suddenly said.

"What"

"You and I were meant to be together Yeonjun. We met the wrong dates, that therefore means we did not mean to be with them" she explained, desperation in her voice.

She took my hands and intertwined our fingers.

"Please. I want to be with you, not the other Yeonjun. It was a mistake. We talked for months, and it would go to waste"

Yes, we did talk for months. But Chanri..

"You're hesitating.. don't tell me you're serious with that other Riri"

"What if we were?"

She looked down and took her hands away from me.

"Then I won't force you to be with me. As long as you're happy with someone else, that's all that matters" she said, sighing.

"I'm sorry for coming off rude and desperate. I don't know what came over me.."

"It's alright, don't worry"

We sat down on the fountain, and I began asking her questions.

"What happened with you and the other Yeonjun?"

"He treated me well. We had the best time being with each other. We went on dates, cuddled, goofed around. That was until we found out that we were not the right couple after looking at our texts. We began to drift off after that"

"How come?"

"I don't know.. I thought we could just ignore the fact that we were the wrong pair and continue dating. But he didn't contact me for days, he went out with his friends a lot and got drunk. I don't see the problem, we were doing just fine"

"I think he's over reacting a bit too much. Just because you weren't the right pair, doesn't mean you guys shouldn't stop dating"

"Exactly, I don't know why he's being an ass. Pardon my language. So I just ended it with him because I couldn't take it anymore. And then I texted you"

"Don't mess around with that guy, he's being a jerk"

She nodded and looked ahead.

"How about you? How did you not notice that she wasn't the one you've been talking to for a while?"

"I have no idea. I didn't know I was that oblivious honestly. I guess, we just got caught up together that we didn't realize that we weren't supposed to date each other in the first place"

"I'm glad she didn't date him. The other Yeonjun. She definitely would've deserved better"

I nodded and sighed.

"You'll find the one for you eventually, don't rely on some app to help with your love life" I chuckled.

She smiled and nodded.

"Yea, I know"

She got up and looked at me.

"I should get going now. I guess this is goodbye?"

"I guess so"

She turned around to walk away, but turned back around.

"Nari"

"Hm?"

"My name, it's Nari. You wanted to know right?"

"Yes, I guess you're right" I said smiling.

"Well, I'll see you around Yeonjun"

"Bye Nari"

As she walked off, I thought if I should ask if we could be friends. We do have a lot in common and I think we would definitely be great friends. But then I realized that it's better if we don't associate each other anymore. Because there are some things in life that is better left than being brought with.