5

It was a few days after my encounter with Riri, or Chanri. We have been texting a lot, she was really fun to talk to. We are meeting up again tomorrow, we decided the movies would be fun. I really wanted to give her something this time as well.

"Yeonjun? You're spacing out again" I hear Taehyun say.

"Oh, sorry Tae" I apologized, putting the lid on the coffee I was making.

"Something on you're mind? You have been spacing a lot today"

"Yea, well it's this girl"

"You have a girlfriend??"

"Haha no, well not yet. We met on the app LoveLine, and I wanted to give her a gift for our second date tomorrow"

"Oh I see, that's very thoughtful of you" Taehyun said smiling.

I smiled and blushed a bit, I don't take compliments too well.

"Here is your coffee, you're payment is $4.49," I said, giving the customer the coffee, "Thank you for coming, enjoy your drink"

"I just don't know what to give her man" I said, walking back to Taehyun.

"Well my sister is coming here to hang out, we can ask her"

I sighed and nodded, hearing advice from another girl could be helpful.

"Will it not be a bother?"

"She'll be here in 5 minutes, she has to finish her work anyway. And no it won't, my sister is good at giving advice anyway"

I nodded, and sat down. There were no customers at the moment, and Taehyun and I can take a breather. A few minutes of chatting and relaxing, a customer came in through the door.

"I'll take their order- Oh it's my sister! Chanri, meet my friend Yeonjun" Taehyun said, motioning me to get up.

"Wait Chanri?"

"Yeonjun?"

I got up, and I look who it is.

"You're Taehyun's sister?"

"Yep I'm Taehyun's sister" she said smiling.

"Now that's why you looked kinda of familiar when we first met" I said looking at Taehyun and Chanri.

"Wait Chanri, Yeonjun is the guy you're seeing?!" Taehyun said, very surprised.

Chanri nodded and Taehyun looked like he was about to faint.

"Why? Is it bad that I'm her choice?" I said, looking at Taehyun with a smile.

"Well, no. It's just, you're not the first person I would think of who would date my sister you know?" Taehyun said, nervously.

Chanri laughed and took a seat next to the counter.

"I'll have the usually Tae" She said.

Taehyun went to make her coffee, and she turned to me.

"I didn't know you worked at a cafe"

"Well I did tell you about it at some point" I said, leaning on the counter.

"Hm, I don't recall it happening?"

"Really?"

I swear I remember texting her about it though.

"I'm a forgetful person anyway, so you probably did text me but I just forgot"

I nodded and smiled. She then took out a canvas, paintbrushes, and paint palettes from out of her bag.

"You paint?"

"I do! I told you that too remember?"

"You did? I don't remember you telling me that either" I said, chuckling nervously.

"Well that's fine, now you know. Just to refresh your memory, I work as an artist around and sell my art online because I'm not the type of person who can sit in one place and is expected to stay there 8 hours a day staring at a computer" She said.

"I see I see" I said. I stared at her while she did her work, and I didn't know I was unconsciously smiling.

"What are you starting at?"

"Nothing, just looking at the view"

"Hey Yeonjun, I can hear you flirting, don't forget I'm here" Taehyun said to me with a threatening tone. I could feel the daggers he's sending my way.

"I know Tae, I know" I said, clearing my throat.

I looked at my watch, my shift ends in a minute, but my replacement isn't here yet.

"My shift is ending soon" I said sighing.

"Already?" Chanri said, sadly.

"Yea, but the next guy is not here yet though"

"Oh the new guy? I forgot his name, it was Bom something"

"This is not going to look good to him if he's late on the first day of work," I said sighing, "It's not that early too"

"Cut the guy some slack you guys, maybe he's stuck in traffic or something" Chanri said to us.

"You're right, but I still have to talk to him about it" I replied.

"Hey guys! I'm so sorry I'm late," We hear from the back door, "My car was malfunctioning so I have to go to the repair shop to fix it real quick"

"It's fine man, but make sure you're not late again okay? You're lucky I'm going easy on you 'cause you're new" I said, crossing my arms.

"I'm sorry.." He said, he looked really nervous.

"What was your name again?"

"It's Beomgyu"

"Nice to meet you Beomgyu, I'm Yeonjun. This here is Taehyun, he will be helping you for your first day" I told him, while Taehyun gave him a wave.

"Okay" Beomgyu said, still looking nervous.

"Hey, don't worry. Everyone here is actually really nice, sorry if I came off a bit strong. We're all friends here, so loosen up a bit" I said smiling.

He smiled back and I could see him calm down a bit.

"Now you two good luck at work, my shift is ending so I have to go" I said to them.

I saw Chanri staring at me and I smirked.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer"

"Shut up" She said, blushing with embarrassment.

"Okay then, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"See you" She replied.

I walked to the back door and took off my apron. I then took my things and went to my car. I got a notification on my phone and I went to check who it was from, and it was from Taehyun.

-

𝘛𝘢𝘦𝘩𝘺𝘶𝘯🤠: My sister really likes stationary stuff and rings, hope this helps :)

-

I smiled, I then texted a thank you back. I started my car, and drove to the mall real quick to find some things for Chanri. I do hope she will like the things I pick.