How Do You Love | Part 8

Rayla's POV

'You don't have time to worry Rayla, you need to protect them..' was what was going on in the assassin's head as she looked back to the siblings. (After watching season three I don't want to write Rayla hurting Soren >O<) She swiftly moved to strike down the more dangerous out of the two, the dark mage. Her daggers (Are they swords? Knives? I'm calling them knives for now until I get an answer -o-) in hand while she ran forward. She leaped at the same moment she threw one of her knives at Soren which he blocked with his sword. The elf landed right in front of Claudia, surprising the dark mage greatly. This gave Rayla enough time to knock Claudia to the rocky ground, her knife pressed against the human's neck; her eyes held anger and fear, as did Rayla's.

Soren got ready to attack but stopped when Rayla looked up at him, her (totally didn't have to find reference pictures to find this out) purple eyes held a partly intentional murderous glint which made him back off, fearing that the elf would hurt his sister if he came too close. When she spoke it only confirmed his suspicions; "I don't want to kill her- but I will.".

Soren could tell something wasn't right and that Rayla (wow you finally used her name) didn't want to kill his sister, it was written all over her face and he, for the first time ever, felt sorry for an elf. He could somehow tell that she hadn't killed anyone before, that she was innocent and so he decided to stand down for two reasons: one, if he continued the fight he knew that the elf would be able to call herself a real assassin and two, he felt sorry for her.

"Soren what are you doing?!", Claudia shouted to which she heard five familiar words but this time from her brother.

"The right thing,"

"I hope."

And that was the return of this story. I wish it was longer but Sage was busy but I wanted to give you guys a chapter as soon as possible so she just made a short one. Next is my turn to make a chapter, yipee .∆.