Chapter 3 - Pizza Date Part 2.

Start from the beginning

"But with the paranormal stuff, now that you've done that ritual thing, are you going to carry on with it?"

"Yeah! We're planning on going to England soon, actually. At least we know that we've got the ritual to fall back on if something gets attached to us again."

You were interrupted as a waiter came over to take your order.

"You want to share a pizza?" You asked Colby.

"Yeah sure, you choose what you want on it."

"Pepperoni?" You double-checked with him anyway.

"Sounds good!" He smiled, as he bought up his left hand to fix his hair, you noticed a tattoo on his hand.

"What's that tattoo off?" You asked as soon as the waiter left the table.

"Oh.. it's just a bird." He said as he showed you the tattoo.

"Have you got any others?"

"A few, I've got a crown on my wrist.." He pulled up the sleeve of his jumper.

"Kingdom Hearts?" You asked as you recognised the crown "you used to be obsessed with that game!" you smiled at the fond memory of the hours you and Colby spent playing the game as kids.

Hey! You were too!" Colby laughed. "I've also got a wilted sunflower, wolf and moon on my arms, and then an 'x' on my back, and another on my chest."

"What's the 'x' for?"

"It's mine and Sam's brand, it stands for explorer."

"That's cool!"

"What about you? You got any tattoos?" He asked you.

"No, not yet anyway! If I were to get a tattoo, it has to actually mean something, y'know?"

"Yeah, I get that!" He grinned, nodding his head understandingly.

"So, tell me about yourself? How's life been going?" Colby asked. You were interrupted again as your food arrived at your table.

You told Colby about yourself as you both ate your food. You spoke about your sister, who was only a toddler the last time Colby saw her, and about how you were working two jobs to save money to go travelling. Colby in turn told you about the trips he had been on with his friends. You both giggled as he told you funny stories about what happened on those trips.

"Aw man, I'll have to introduce you to Corey." Colby said, tears in his eyes from laughing so much. "He's so funny!"

"Did he come to Kansas with you guys?" You asked, he replied yes and then told you about his other friends that had come with him – Katrina, Jake, Tara, Kevin, Mike, Reggie and Aryia.

"Hey, we're planning on doing something tomorrow if you want to join?" Colby said.

"Are you sure?" You asked hesitantly, his friend group seemed pretty close-knit and you didn't want to impose yourself on them.

"Yeah! They're all pretty chill, they won't mind! Plus we need some ideas on what to do!" Colby assured you.

You thought to yourself for a moment "how about we head out to Hillsdale Lake? We could have a barbeque and a few beers?"

"That's sounds amazing actually..." Colby replied "I'll have to check with the guys, but I'm sure they'd be down. It'll be nice to chill like that after the show tonight."

"Show...?" You asked confused.

"Oh yeah, sorry! We're meeting a few fans tonight, Kat, Aryia and Mike are performing some of their songs! The rest of us will then do a Q&A or something like that."

"Ah, okay!" You replied, before asking him more questions about the show and what it entailed.

"You finished? Ready to head out?" He asked you as you pushed away your plate.

"Yeah, I'm ready if you are?" He nodded, and you pulled out your purse to pay for half the bill.

"No, I'll get it!" Colby said as he stood.

"Colby-"

"Please let me get this." He interrupted almost pleadingly.

You sighed, before saying "okay, thanks Colby!" You smiled at him and watched him as he went to the counter to pay as you collected your bag.

He's still that kind soul you once adored with all your heart.

___________________________________________________

Imma just leave this chapter here as this hasn't actually had any views yet, lol.