Chapter 26. Missions

After being an official member, you went on many missions with the Overwatch team. Fighting on their side was nothing like fighting for the omnium.
You always went on missions with the Overwatch team, Blackwatch had their own missions, so you never got to fight alongside Genji and Jesse, but you didnt mind. You trusted your team, consisted of Tracer, Mercy, Winston and Reinhard, you knew that nothing would happen to you if they were on the mission with you.

You loved being a hero, saving and helping people had become your passion. As time passed you werent the blue girl anymore, you werent a weapon or a threat to humanity anymore.
You and Kumos blue flamed had become a sign of hope. When people in need saw those blue flames, they knew they were safe.
Although it took some time for the people to accept you as a new member of overwatch and as a hero, you never gave up
And when they finally realized that you just wanted to help and that you were forced to do the things you did, they accepted you.

After almost serving as a Overwatch agent for one year, you decided to stay. You felt as if there was no place you would rather be. Overwatch was your home and family, and you wouldnt leave them for anything.

Right now you were getting ready for a mission with your team. All of you sat in your assigned seats in the airship, waiting for it to arrive at your destination.

You decided to talk to Genji after this mission. You wanted to talk about your relationship with him, that you didnt really felt like he was the same anymore. Besides that Angela wanted you to talk to him about the omnic monks in Nepal.
She asked you to talk with him about it, since she wasnt quite sure if he would listen to her.
Angela told you that the omnic monks could teach him how to accept himself again. You were relieved when you heard that there were people out there that could help him.
You had hope for your relationship again.

"Hey there! We will be arriving in Paris in 10 Minutes, please check your weapons, turn on your headsets and electronical devices!" You heard Tracer saying over the speaker.

You checked your machine gun and pistol, the magazines were full. There were knives in a holster on your thigh. Your katana was strapped to your lower back and you had sharpened it the day before. And of course there was also Kumo, and he was more than ready to fight.
Before landing the team talked about the mission once again and tested the headsets.
The mission was simple. The job of your team was to destroy the omnics that were attacking the civilians to safe them.

It seemed simple, you had done Something like that a hundred times, but this time it would be different.

The whole team stepped out of the airship. The morning sky was bright blue, and the air was warm. You looked up into the sky, the clouds looked white and fluffy, reminding you of sheep.
All of you enjoyed the calm athmospere before the fight. You all knew that you wouldnt be this relaxed for much longer.

You looked over to Mercy, she looked really tense and nervous. Probably she was just hoping that no one would get hurt.

"Lets go!" Winston said leading the way to the battlefield.

You felt Kumo jumping on your shoulder in the form of a little monkey.
You too were slowly getting nervous as you approached the battlefield with your team. Even though you had done this for a very long time, you never really knew what to expect.
Besides that, seeing a battlefield also always awoke memories in you. It always made you think back to the time where you thought for the omnium.

But you just concentrated on the mission now.
Arriving at the battlefield the street was broken and there were glass shatters and fragments of broken buildings.
You saw a group of omnics walking towards civilians, and immediately knew what to do.

"We need to help those people!" You said to the team, pointing to the little group of civilians.

Only a few seconds later your sword was slashing through the cold metal of the omnics. Their lifeless bodies fell to the ground, as metallic sounds echoed through the city.
It was only a matter of seconds, before all the omnics were on the ground, where they couldnt do any harm anymore.
You panted, beating all those omnics was exhaustin.

"Are you guys ok?" Tracer asked the group of civilians in her usual british accent.

The group of people just nodded, relieving the whole team.
But there was no time to relax. A loud explosion a few blocks away shocked you all.
The whole team knew that they were needed there.
You quickly said goodbye to the people you said and then started rushing towards the explosion. The smoke that was coming from the explosion led you guys the way, and all of you knew that whatever would expect you there wouldnt be fun at all.
While walking there people were running away from the direction you were going to. Some of them were hurt, making you pray that you could get home unharmed after this mission.
You knew that your Job was dangerous, and before every mission you would pray to come back to Genji safely, and you knew that he was scared too.
He didnt wanted you to go on this mission, he had a bad feeling about this.

Arriving at the source of the explosion, there was a giant crater in the ground.
A giant omnic was towering over the broken buildings. The sight took your breath away.

Little did you know that this mission would go horribly wrong.