Chapter 18

Trevor's Pov

What's wrong with me? How could I say such painful things which aren't even true to Mara? She doesn't know what seeing her again has done to me. I've realized how much I still love her and that I couldn't learn to love Rosaline. Mara has bewitched me to love her for eternity.
I am still mad at her for not giving me a chance, for not giving us a chance. I wouldn't be in this mess.
I wanted to hurt her when I learnt she still loves me. It's her fault we aren't together.

I want to be with Mara so badly. But I can't just leave Rosaline, how will Jasper feel? I love him just as much as I love Violet. But will Mara even be willing to take me back after all the harsh words I inflicted on her? Perhaps I should have traced her in the first place and convinced her to come back but I let her go because of my fucking ego.
I made her cry, I've always hurt her. It's not something I intentionally do. I've never really meant to hurt her. I have to see her again. I turn the car and drive back to her shop.

Luckily I find her locking up the shop. She tries to ignore me.
"Mara please I'm sorry!" I apologise. She looks at me with tear filled eyes.
"How may I help?"

"Please let me drive you home. I want to properly apologize."

She hesitates for a few seconds and nods.
"Alright."

The car is engulfed in silence. Mara is planning on not saying anything.
"I didn't mean what I said earlier." I expected Mara to say something but she ignored me.
I step on the brakes.
"I fucking still love you okay!" I shout.

"I don't care. I have decided to forget you for good." She blurts.
Did she just say she wants to forget me?

I take a different junction and drive us to the seashore. I refused to listen to Mara's protests.
"It was a mistake for me to get in this car." Mara sighs.
"No it isn't, let me show you how crazy you drive me and how I won't let you forget me." I say and lean closer and capture her lips for a kiss.

She tries to push me away but I finally get to taste her lips after so many years. I grip her tightly. She finally stops resisting and open her mouth to reply the kiss.
I know this is really selfish of me, but I can't think of anything else.
I miss the feel of her body so badly and I think she misses me more.

She turns away trying to catch some breath. I take that opportunity to kiss her neck. A moan escapes from her lips.

I don't know how we end in the back seat of the car but we are there kissing each other so fiercely. I tug on her shirt and start to unbutton the shirt she's wearing and yank it away. I quickly take off her purple bra.
She quickly cover her breasts.
I'm probably still the only man she's been with.

"Don't cover up, don't act so virginal because I still remember every single inch of your body." I kiss her and undo the buttons of my own shirt.
Quickly, we strip each other naked. I lay on top of her and explore every single part of her beautiful body.

I position myself at her entrance and look at her like asking permission. She bites her lip and looks like she wants to back out but she kisses me and I thrust into her deeply and make her mine once again.

Mara

Oh what have I done?

I quickly sit up. I've made a fool of myself again. I look around for my bra and panties. I find my them hanging on the steering wheel. Trevor is sound asleep. I don't want to wake him up. This is too embarrassing.

My shirt? My shirt?
Oh I'm sitting on it. I hurriedly put it on and button it wrongly but I don't care, I have to leave now. I find my skirt being stepped on by Trevor. This is so disgusting.
I retrieve it without waking him up.
Why am I behaving like a teenager who's had a one night stand with a creepy stranger?

"This will never happen again." I swear under my breath and  open the door and run away.
It's not like those one night stand dramas, he will find me even if I run. He knows me. I'm his ex-wife"
I've sinned, oh why? I'm so disgusting. I check the time and it's 3 am in the morning. Did my mom try looking for me? She wouldn't even know I didn't come home last night.
How will I even get home?

Trevor

I feel something brush up against my feet but I ignore it.
I open my eyes and Mara is gone.
She probably regret it.
But how will she get home at this time? I quickly put my clothes on
and I spot Mara walking to and fro aimlessly.
I smile and approach her. I have cheated on my wife but I don't know why I didn't regret it.

"Oh what have I done?"
She says.

It reminds me of her first day in my office.
"You can't stop loving me." I mutter.
She frowns, "You have a wife."
"But it's you I love."
"Love doesn't matter anymore! It couldn't keep us together." She cries.
"I can't stay away from you." hold her face.
"Stay away from me. Can you please take me home?" She says and pulls away.

"Okay."

I won't stay away from her. I have to talk to Rosaline, I want my Mara back. There's no way I'm letting her go this time.
She's mine and she will forever be.

I drop her off and she turns to stare at me and finally walk away.
I'll get you back, I promise.
I start the engine and drive away.

***
To let you know, there's a sequel to this story which focuses on Violet's life mostly. I just started it, you can check it out. It's titled
'The road of love and death'
It can be read as a stand alone.
In that story, a gang leader falls deeply for our girl but she bumps into An, her childhood friend who's an assassin who is supposed to kill her but it creates a triangle love story in which Violet has to choose An or the gang leader she met in a night club.
That's the little summary I can give please check it out.
Thank you.