24 | virago

Virago [ vir•ago ]
n. a strong, brave, or warlike woman; a woman who demonstrates exemplary and heroic qualities

-

When my eyes met Vincenzo's, I could feel the wrath that was coming from them. He looked at me dangerously, begging me to try something again so he could just go as far as murdering me.

Valentino looked amused as he looked at the both of us with a smirk playing out on his lips. Amused. Neither me, nor Anastasia knew how to react in that moment. Both of us were still half naked and evidence of what just occurred still very present as the men shouted out our names.

Vincenzo walked up to me. I swallowed hard with every step he came closer to me. If it wasn't for my fear rooting me right there in that spot, then I believe I would've ran away.

"What did I tell you before I left?" He angrily asked. His eyes blaring with a fire that I've never seen.

"To behave," I whispered in response, feeling ashamed of myself. He grabbed me by my neck harshly, bringing me in so close I could smell the mint on my breath.

"Go upstairs. Take the damn pills and wait for me," he ordered just before letting go of me with a stone cold look on his face. I looked back at Anastasia not wanting to leave her at a time like this.

"I-It wasn't her fault. She tried to tell me and I-"

"Did I fu*king ask? Do what you're told for once, and don't change. Since you want to be a stripper, I'lol treat you like one. Stay exactly like this until I say otherwise, am I understood?" He had asked me. I knew that he meant nothing, but business due to the fact that he kept saying my actual name. There was no longer any pet names or nicknames. It was firm and stern.

My head fell, causing a curtain around me just before I began to walk away. After a while, I stopped and hid behind a wall while still being within earshot to hear what was going to happen to Anastasia.

"You're older than her, I expected you to be at least a little more mature," Vincenzo angrily spat out. Valentino still had a smirk on his face as he stared at her.

"I'm so sorry. You're right, I take full responsibility," she said, and it caused a frown to make its way onto my face.

"Barbie, come here," Valentino finally spoke up. I could hear her heels clanking against the floor as she walked towards him hesitantly. I had expected a slap, or a gun shot or something that would make me cry for the rest of my life, but instead, I heard clapping.

Confusion rotted my brain as I slowly peaked out from behind the wall to see she looked just as confused as me.

"This is what you wanted, no? Go out there, then. Go back out there and make all the money you want, but when you're done-leave," he said simply. My eyes widened as tears began to brim my eyes.

"I have no where else to go," she said.

"Orabella, you have five seconds to do what you were told," Vincenzo stated with his back still turned to me, interrupting them entirely. My heartbeat pummeled in my chest just before turning around and walking out of the backstage area. I suddenly realized that I was still wearing nothing except for my yellow lingerie.

I don't know what made me so stupid. Now, I risked probably everything for a really good person. Running out of club, I could hear the cat-calls as I walked out.

The minute I made it all the way up the stairs, I could feel the tears wanting to fall. This was really all my fault. Pushing open the door, my entire heart dropped.