A New Searcher

1/7/20

As soon as Sammy's message had started, tears immediately sprang to your eyes and a lump formed in your throat at the sound of his broken voice alone. But by the very end of it, you had burst into a fit of massive ugly sobbing, barely being able to breathe as you couldn't muster a single second to catch your breath.

It was rather late in the night, so when Bendy heard your rampant sobbing from his room in the lounge, you can imagine how quickly he came bolting over to your room. He made no hesitation in busting down the door and rushing right over to your side, not even bothering to take the time to question what had made you so distraught in the first place. All that mattered to him was that you first needed immediate comfort and care, nothing more.

"Shh, darling...." He whispered comfortingly as he brought you into a very tight hug, rubbing circled on your back as he rested his chin on your head. You buried your face into his chest, your sobs not lightening in the slightest as you clung to him. "Everything will be alright."

Choking through your sobs, you managed to force out, "It's Sammy!"

Bendy flinched in shock. "S-Sammy? What about him?" He pulled out of the hug slightly to give the two of you some room, room for him to be able to look down at you and room for you to be able to look up at him.

"Bendy.... You're my little devil darling," you began quietly as you began to force yourself to minimizing the sobbing, "but we need to find him. He means a lot to me. So much more than you might think."

He smiled softly, giving you a quick kiss on the lips. "I already know that, love. You don't need to keep defending yourself."

"No, I mean I can't do this anymore!" You sighed, folding your hands in your lap as you looked down with a heartbroken expression. "I can't just....sit around anymore! I refuse to relax knowing that Sammy is lost out there, struggling all by himself!"

The ink demon placed his hands on your shoulder, his face staring directly at yours. You figured that, had his eyes been visible if he even had them at all, he would be looking you dead in the eyes. "My darling, you did everything you could! You even said he wasn't anywhere to be found anymore! What more could you do?"

"Find him!" You snapped, but Bendy didn't seem to care about your outburst. Instead, he knew not to take your sudden harshness to heart and simply let you rant. "From this moment on, I refuse to come back to the lounge until Sammy is found. I'll go without sleep for days if I have to, dammit! All that matters is that I bring my best friend back!"

You hung your head, the sudden wave of anger that had washed over you now leaving just as fast. A sniffle escaped you, breaking through the atmosphere that had grown silent for mere seconds. "I promised I'd go back for him.... He kept his promise to both me and you in the best way he could manage, but I haven't kept mine at all."

Bendy got off the bed, taking you with him as he spun you around a few times before eventually taking you into his arms bridal style. He pulled you into a very passionate kiss, one that lasted for a few long seconds, before pulling back with a chuckle. "Darling, you haven't broken any promises! You just haven't fulfilled them yet, that's all." He brushed some of your hair out of your face as he finished, "Breaking your promise would mean that you had abandoned Sammy, completely giving up on him."

Looking up at your beloved ink demon, you sent him a warm smile. You rose your hand, placing it on the demon's cheek softly. "Even when you couldn't speak, you've always had such a way with words."

He placed you back on your feet, kneeling in front of you as he took your hand in his. Placing an ink heart to the back of your hand, he sent you an endearing smirk that made your heart skip a beat. "Nothing but the best for my darling~"