Ghost in Disguise

Începe de la început

"He's duelling... Ghost..." Hanako murmured, as her eyes started sparkling with fear that something might happen to him.

          "We better hurry then!" Crow nodded, doing his best to get there in time, while Jack speeded up even more, to meet both him and Hanako at the centre point of the city, where Yusei was duelling.

Crow was the first one to reach the centre, driving his runner on the lane that was parallel to the lane Yusei was, when he saw a giant robot summoned on the field, chasing Yusei's runner, while Hanako was on the other side of the lane, "The heck is that?!?" He shouted in surprise, "I've never seen that monster before!"

          "So that's Ghost!" Crow heard Jack's voice behind his back. He managed to keep up with Crow's speed, reaching Yusei just in time, "He is the one who injured Ushio!"

"We have to hurry!" Hanako added, seeing guys on the other side of the lane, "There!" She pointed to the Duel Gate 0014, "It will be easier to support Yusei straight from the lane!"

          Crow and Jack looked at the direction Hanako was pointing to, so they both nodded in agreement, turning their runners and entering the gate, approaching the duel between Yusei and Ghost, but still keeping the safe distance between them. Crow immediately took this opportunity to connect his runner with Yusei's, to watch the duel and have his eyes on the current situation, "What is this?" He saw Ghost's monster on his screen that was made out of five different monsters, "That monster's made out of five separate cards?" He looked at Jack, "Hey, Jack! What the hell kind of monster is that?!?"

"No idea, Crow! It's no monster I've seen before!" Jack said, shaking his head, looking at his screen, "But its power will become apparent in Yusei's duel with this fellow..."

          "Let's just hope that this fellow will not make Yusei crash!" Hanako added, joining her runner to Jack's and Crow's, so now all three of them were driving in sync behind Ghost and Yusei, with safe distance still being carefully kept between them.

"Hey, Baby, that reminds me", Crow smiled, turning his head to Hanako, "Do you still have that card database in your visor?"

          "I do, but..." She started her sentence through murmuring, pushing a button on the left side of her visor, "This monster is not archived in the database!"

"What?!?" Crow's eyes were wide open, as he didn't expect this to happen, "I thought Yusei's gadgets are flawless!" Crow shrugged, remembering how Yusei placed all card info into those goggles, so it can help Hanako keep the track of the game.

          "I have no idea what it is, but look there!" Hanako pointed to the duel between Yusei and Ghost, when the robot-like monster upgraded its arm, after Yusei destroyed it.

"What kind of monster is that?!" Crow shouted in disbelief, "An arm just combined with it!"

          "It's a combined monster!" Jack concluded, "So even if it loses parts, it can power up with new ones?"

"Well... We'll just have to wait and see, I guess", Hanako murmured, not happy with what just happened, so she looked at the current statistic of the duel: Yusei had one card face-down and his Stardust Dragon (ATK 2 500 / DEF 2 000) summoned on the field with 3 150 Life Points left, while Ghost had his strange robot monster and 2 400 Life Points. Their Speed Counters were at 4, which means it was only fourth turn, since the duel began.

          "What is this?" Yusei shouted, looking behind his back, over his shoulder.

"It's useless, Yusei Fudo!" Ghost laughed, "Machine Emperor Wisel is immortal!"

          "I see!" Yusei thought to himself, carefully studying the duelling board, "I can destroy one part, but they would just revive one after another, and the five cards compensate others' abilities..."