Chapter 14: Expecting The Unexpected

It's now about a week later and during that week, I went back home and talked to everybody, apologizing for my actions. They forgave me because they knew that it was a lot of stress on me. Lil was so ecstatic when I re-told her that she was going to live, as was everyone else. What I didn't tell anybody, was about the vision that I had when I left that night. Alec felt like I should have told them, but I didn't want to worry them when I already knew what I was going to do to avoid it.

This morning, I got up, got dressed, and was about to leave for the first lesson of the day. Before I could leave, I was stopped by the sudden urge to vomit. I quickly ran back into my room, into the bathroom, lifted the toilet lid and threw up my dinner from last night. I had been feeling a bit sick the night before, so I guessed I had the flu or a fever or something. I took some Ibuprofen to help and left. I met up with Jewlse, DeeDee, Braydon and Alec for lunch. 

"So, what do you guys want today?" I asked, pulling out a twenty from an earlier reading. They ordered their food and it was down to me. Usually, I would go with the grilled tuna sandwich, but thinking about it, made me feel like throwing up again. So, I just went with a salad.

We went and sat down at our table and talked about our assignments in our classes. At the end of our lunch, I had barely taken a bite of my salad, and I was feeling worse from smelling all of their food. Man, this flu was really getting to me. When I got to my dorm, I made it there just in time to get to the toilet before throwing up again. I laid down in bed, wanting to take a nap to burn off this fever, but I had work to do, so that would have to wait.

About an hour later, Jewlse came in and plopped onto her bed. "Hey, how were you while I was in class?" she asked, taking off her shoes. 

"Well, I puked a few times today and I've been feeling like crap. Gotta love the flu, huh?" I replied, rubbing my head from a headache. 

"Yeah, I feel you. Although, I don't recall it being flu season. So, maybe you caught a bug or something." she said, and I nodded.

"Yeah, maybe. I'm going to head to the store for some supplies. Want to come?" I asked as I got up and put on my jacket. 

"Nah, I'm behind in my homework. You go ahead, come back and maybe we can eat out tonight." she said and I gave her thumbs up before leaving with my bag, notebook, and money bag.

I got to the store, and headed for the office supplies. On the way, I was about to pass a bunch of prenatal vitamins and other pregnancy junk when Lil popped into my head. I figured I could get her a few things and I put them into the shopping cart. Then, I continued on to the office supplies. I grabbed a couple notebooks, pens, pencils, staples, and a few folders.

I got in the checkout line and started putting my things on the counter. When it was my turn, I pulled out some cash from my bag. "Good evening, did you find everything alright?" the cashier asked. 

"Yep, thank you." I said, and she started scanning the vitamins. 

"So, how far along are you?" she asked, and I choked. 

"Uh, my boyfriend's sister is the one who's pregnant, not me." I said, and she smiled. 

"Oh. Well, aren't you a great girlfriend?" she said, and I nodded. 

"Well, I should be. It's my brother's kid, so..." I said, and she nodded again.

"Well, are you sure you're not pregnant? Because you've got that pregnancy glow that expecting mothers get about you." she said. 

"No. No I can't be. I just have the flu or something. I can't be pregnant." I said. 

"Okay, if you say so. That will be forty-three dollars and fifty-five cents." she said, and I paid her and left. In the car, I sat there for a few minutes, thinking about what she said.