Chapter 12: Family Never Dies

"Uh, sure. I'll be in the library." Jewlse said, packing up her bag and leaving. I closed the door behind her, and I looked back at DeeDee. 

"So, I take it you know her very well." she said, and I nodded again. 

"She's my mom, which, I guess makes us half sisters, considering I have a different dad." I said, sitting down on my bed.

"Uh, I guess. I'm sure you're wondering why I'm coming to you with this." she said, and I just shrugged. I wasn't sure what to think right then. "Well, my parents, adopted parents died when I was seventeen. It was a car crash. When they died, I started wondering who my birth parents were. My birth father died years ago, but my birth mom, our mom, clearly she's still alive. I just wanted to have a family again. So, I tracked you down. I had to track you because our mom was pretty good at covering her tracks." she explained. I still didn't know what to think about all of this. I just nodded, letting her know I was listening. "So, you're Katt, right?" she asked, holding out her hand to me. 

"Yep. So, how did you find us? We didn't tell anybody that we moved here." I asked, getting suspicious. "Kitt." she answered, and my heart stopped for a moment. "What?" I asked, feeling my eyes sting with tears. 

"When I read the story of him dying in the news paper, I recognized his picture and name from the information I had collected. I came here about two months ago, and I couldn't find you. So, I spent the past two months working and searching. It wasn't until last night that I saw your flyers and remembered that you called yourself Miss Fortune and The Fortune Teller in high school. So, I came here now and I'm talking to you. I hope I'm not overwhelming you too much." she said, and I shook my head. I was just shocked by how much she knew about me. "Okay. Well, your face says otherwise." she said, and I just took a deep breath, shaking out of it. 

"Sorry, I'm just... I was wondering, were you, born with any... unnatural talents?" I asked, trying to say it in a hidden message kind of way. 

"Yes, do you want to see?" she said, and I nodded, feeling my heart skip a beat. She got up, and stood in front of me. Now, what happened next was really cool.

She placed her hand on her chest, and slowly dragged it down the middle of her torso. At the same time, her body started sparkling purple and her entire body turned into purple glitter. After, it started turning back into a human body form, but not hers. When she was finished transforming, it was in the form of my body. By the way, the transformation was much faster than I could describe.

"Woah, that is awesome! And all I can do is see the past, future and control things with my mind." When I said this, she shifted back instantly. 

"Wait, you have telekinesis too?" she asked excitedly. 

"You have telekinesis!? Show me!" I said, standing up. She waved her hand and my pen came flying to her hand. She emitted the same purple energy that Kitt and I did. I used my telekinesis to take the pen from her.

"Oh my god! This weekend, you have to come with me to meet the family, even meet the woman who is going to give birth to our niece." I said, throwing the pen on my bed. 

"I'm going to have a niece? You mean your accepting me into your family?" she asked, and I smiled. 

"Of course, I've always wanted another sibling. Lately, I've been lost for hope." I said, about to cry with joy.

"Me too, I almost didn't come to find you. I'm glad I did." she said, and she stepped forward and hugged me. I was a bit scared that someone was touching me, but, I kind of liked being hugged again. I hugged her back, and I heard her sigh with relief. "I'm... truly sorry about your brother. I wish I could've been there for you, for him. I wish I could've at least got to know him." she said, and I slowly let go as I came up with an idea.