Chapter 9: School Days Are Here Again

After awhile, I went back inside and went to take a shower to get all of Kitt's blood off of me. I got to the bathroom, turned on the shower, and I looked in the mirror. I nearly screamed when I saw that almost all of my hair was now purple. How did nobody see this? I went searching for any hairs that hadn't gone purple, but every time I found one, it would turn purple in front of my eyes. I kept going until I didn't find a single hair left that wasn't purple.

"Oh god, what the heck?" I asked myself. I heard the doorknob turn, and I jumped into the shower before anyone could see me.

"Hey. You in here, Katt?" Alec's voice echoed. 

"Yeah, I'm here. Is something wrong?" I asked, as I looked for anything to hide my hair, but I couldn't find anything. "Um, I wanted to apologize again for what happened today. This was all my fault." he said and I started to feel bad.

"No, Alec. Don't say that. The only one who is responsible for Kitts death is dead. You are not blamed for this." I said and I was about to open the curtain and pull him in for a hug, but I didn't want him to panic when he'd see my hair. "So, can I show you something and have you not freak out?" I asked and before I knew what happened, Alec pulled back the curtain.

"What the hell did you do to your hair!?" he asked, confused and shocked. 

"I didn't do it! My hair just started turning purple after Kitt was pronounced dead!" I yelled, covering myself with the shower curtain. 

"What? How is that possible?" he asked. 

"I don't know! How am I able to control things with my mind? How was I able to read my brother's mind? How am I able to see the future? How was Kitt able to pass on his.... Wait, his powers! His energy! That's why this is happening! I've never had his powers for this long! It's too much for me and my body needs to be able to exert it better! That's why our eyes were purple and why my hair is turning purple!" I said getting excited to finally know why our eyes were purple.

"Well, that explains my question, not yours, though." he said, touching my hair. "It still feels the same," he said, and I smiled. 

"Well, of course it does. I didn't dye it or anything." I said, closing the shower curtain on him.

"Okay, well, I'm going to go check on Lil. I'll see you later." he said, and he left. I finished my shower about fifteen minutes later. I wrapped my hair up in a towel to hide it. I went to my room and got dressed. I put on a black sweater and black sweats. I used a big black beanie to hide my hair.

I opened my door to go downstairs, but Lil was standing there waiting for me. "Oh, Lil, you scared me. Is everything okay?" I asked, moving out of the way, so she could come in. 

"Yeah. Um, I just wanted to ask you for a favor." she said, and she closed the door and we sat down on my bed. 

"Of course, anything." I said, taking her hand in an attempt to comfort her.

"Katt, I need you to read me and tell me if anybody else is going to die and if we can stop it." she said, and my heart sank, knowing that I was going to have to lie to her. "Of course, give me your hand." I said and she held my hand tightly.

I looked to her, asking if she was sure about this, and she nodded. I started searching from this moment forward. I did not see anything up until she was about to have the baby, and I stopped there before I seized again. "Well, it looks like everybody is going to be just fine(until the day of the birth that is.)" I said and she looked so relieved. 

"Thank you, Kitt. God, this is all our fault, if we hadn't gotten involved with your family, then none of this-" she said, and I quickly put my hand over her mouth.