Chapter 18: Scared

Start from the beginning

Mario: But you also know you're not alone right? Luigi, Bowser and I got your back Y/n. Saiko is very strong and can take anyone down with ease.

You smile as you remember your sparring sessions with Saiko. That hammer of hers hurts.

Mario: Meggy and Desti are also perfectly capable of handling themselves. Tari and her ability to control certain things can be a force to be reckoned with. Bob and Boopkins can...well...they help somewhat with their anime crap. For some weird reason. Anyway, your not alone. And you never will be.

No matter how many times it happens, the moments when Mario actually has advice and he has the words to make someone feel better will always surprise you. It surprised you even more when Mario pulled you in for a father-son hug.

Mario: I was confused at first when you first showed up as an infant. But the years that passed when Peach and I raised you were the best of my life. Compared only to my friendship with the others. Don't tell them I said that, I'll never hear the end of it.

During this time, Mario's voice was cracking, some tears falling down his face. You couldn't help but tear up as well.

Mario: I don't say it as much as I used to, but I love you, my son. And you don't have to fight alone. We will always be there.

With tears freely falling between the both of you, you return the hug.

Y/n: I love you too, Dad. And thank you. For everything.

You two hold the hug for a few moments before releasing. After drying your eyes, you both turn around and head back towards the castle.

Mario: Were heading back now Meggy, is everything ready?

Meggy: Yup, everything is set up and prepared. Perfect timing too, we just got finished, he's going to be so surprised!

Mario smiled as you reached the front door. Upon opening it, the lights were turned off. The light shining through showed something in the distance that looked like a banner. When Mario shut the door, shrouding the room in complete darkness again, you walk forward. Until the lights suddenly turned on, and everyone popped out of their hiding places.

Everyone: SURPRISE!!!

Y/n: ...What...?

Mario: Happy birthday, Y/n.

You take a look at your phone, checking the date. It was indeed your birthday.

All of a sudden, Meggy comes running up to you.

Meggy: Were you surprised Y/n!?

Y/n: I sure was. Who set all this up?

Desti: We did of course.

You turn to see Saiko, Tari and Desti stand there, all wearing smiles.

Tari: We were worried about you, and wanted to find a way for you to relax on a special day like this!

Saiko: Yeah, you've been stressing yourself out, you need to let loose today.

You smiled and pulled all of them in for a hug, crying again for the second time that day.

Y/n: Thank you, all of you.

You went to enjoy your party with your friends, family and loved ones.

~~~~~

(In the Mushroom Kingdom Police Department)

Every officer laid on the ground dead. Blood pouring out of their wounds, staining the floor as a man walked towards a specific cell.

???: Doctor Eggman, I presume?

Eggman: What is it to you?

???: I have good news for you. Your services will be most appreciated. If I free you, you and your genius mind provide a more mobile army. As well as give you a more reliable power source. What do you say?

Eggman thought for a minute, before smiling.

Eggman: You have a deal.

The mysterious man holds out his hand as purple and black smoke surrounds the bars and rips them apart.

Eggman: May I ask your name?

???: My name is...

~~~~~

(In a mountainous region, miles away from the Mushroom Kingdom)

Rumbling could be heard within one of the many mountains in the area. As they rumbling increased, a large hand burst forth from the side. Pulling itself up, it destroyed every mountain in the area. A black substance surrounded one of its glowing orange eyes as it stared in the direction of the Kingdom.