Love's A Loaded Gun

Start from the beginning

Josh felt his heart crack into a million little pieces at Shawn's words because he knew Shawn was right. He always knew in his heart Maya deserved better than him. He wasn't good enough for her and never would be. He remained quiet as all of Shawn's word continued to sink in. He knew Maya deserves the world and the last thing he wanted was to be the reason she couldn't have it or be the one holding her back from it. He swallowed, lowering his head. "I'll end it," he agreed, quietly. "But I want to go back to New York."

Shawn nodded. "I can arrange that."

XOXOJOSHAYAXOXO

Maya watched as her mother sat hesitantly next to her on her bed. She remained quiet waiting for her mother to break the silence and throw whatever punishment her way.

"Now, that we are alone. I'm going to ask you what Shawn asked you last night and I want you to be completely honest with me. Is there something you need to tell me?"

Maya swallowed, hating she was about to lie again. She shook her head, standing her ground from last night. "No."

Katy sighed. "Baby girl, are you sure?"

"Yes, Mom. What is there that you want me to say because obviously you are assuming something?"

Katy shook her head, "Nothing. If you say there is nothing to tell then I guess there is nothing to tell."

Maya nodded, looking away from her mother. "So what is my punishment for last night?"

Katy pat her daughter's leg, "There is no punishment," she told her causing Maya to look at her mother with shocked eyes.

"You know Josh isn't the one to blame for last night, right? He wasn't even at the party until the very end and it was because Riley texted him."

Her mother just kissed the top of head telling her to shut her windows it's about to storm before leaving her confused and alone in her room.

XOXOJOSHAYAXOXO

"Josh, you're not going to believe it."

Maya began, walking into his room and wrapping her arms around his neck. "There is no punishment," she told him, leaning up to kiss him. She frowned when she didn't feel Josh kiss back, "What's wrong?"

Josh looked around the room before finally looking into Maya's eyes and unwrapping her arms around his neck.

Maya felt her heart break at the look in his eyes. She frantically shook her head. She remembered the look from when he told her they could only be friends. "No! Josh! No!" she shouted as her heart started to pound against her chest.

"Maya," Josh sighed, pulling away from her completely. "We can't keep doing this."

Maya felt like she was hit by a truck. "What do you mean we can't keep doing this?" she asked, nervously.

"Exactly what I said."

She shook her head again, praying her tears wouldn't come down. "Josh, yes we can-"

"No we can't."

"Yes, we can, Josh. I love you and you love me. We are in love and w-"

"Had sex?" Josh cut her off, knowing this was his gateway. He needed to get Maya to hate him and downgrading what was special between them would be the perfect way to get her to let him go so she can begin her life without him. "Maya, you think that meant something? It meant nothing."

Maya shook her head, "I don't believe you," she told him, softly. "Something happened for you to be saying this to me because I know you wouldn't be saying it otherwise. I know you love me and I don't question that and I know you know what's happening between us is special."