Love's A Loaded Gun

Start from the beginning

The two fearing what tomorrow would bring.

XOXOJOSHAYAXOXO

Josh sat at the dining room table, nervously twiddling his thumbs as his eyes stared down at nothing. He felt Shawn pacing behind him, before the older man finally began to speak grabbing Josh's attention.

"Josh, I'm not stupid. I know what is going on between the two of you. I see the little looks between the two of you, the sneaky touches and the love struck look in Maya's eyes when she looks at you and it needs to stop."

Josh swallowed.

"Maya has always talked about wanting to get away and go to California so she could live by the ocean and be a free spirit. She had big dreams of getting out of here and now she is talking about settling down in New York. A place, she has maybe mentioned once as a backup plan. You think I don't know the real reason why she had this sudden change of heart? Because I know it's not because of NYU."

Josh looked up at Shawn. "I didn't ask her to move to New York."

"You didn't have to, Josh! She is willing to give up everything for you."

"Shawn, I would never ask Maya to give up her dreams for me. I want her to have all of her dreams and more. Believe it or not, I do love her."

"You love her?"

"Yes."

"You want her to have all of her dreams and more?

"Yes."

Shawn shook his head, glaring at Josh before walking over and taking something off of the kitchen counter Josh didn't notice. "Then how do you answer this?" he asked, dropping a zip lock bag containing the open pregnancy test box causing Josh's eyes to go wide and his stomach drop to the floor as fear ran through every bone of his body.

"I'm guessing you didn't know," Shawn stated at the look on the younger boy's face. "So I guess Maya is keeping secrets from you too. Doesn't feel good, does it?"

Josh looked up at the older man.

"We found the pregnancy test in your and Maya's bathroom right before we got that lovely phone call," Shawn continued before Josh could answer. "And thank God it's negative," he revealed, making Josh let out a breath of relief. "But what if she was pregnant? How is she going to live her dreams with a baby? It would just be another way you ruin her life, right? Maya has changed for the worst since you've come into the picture. She's not the sweet innocent girl she was before you came. She is having sex to the point where she has to take a pregnancy test because she is scared she is pregnant. She is out partying to the point where she was caught by the police. She is lying to the point where she stood right there last night and looked me in the eyes and lied straight to my face. It's not the first time because I'm pretty sure she lied to me right after Lucas warned me about you two. Before you came into the picture, Maya never lied to us, she wasn't having sex or partying or getting caught by the police. Some influence you've been on her and you say you love her? Here I was wanting to help you instead you came here and ruined my daughter's life."

Josh shook his head, "Shawn, I don't want to ruin Maya's life"

"Damn straight and you're not going to because I'm not going to let you. Your past speaks for itself, Josh. You played a good part when you first got here because I trusted you when I shouldn't have. You have been untrustworthy and going behind my back so if you think I'm going to trust you with my daughter, you are dead wrong. I will never trust you with my daughter. Not now. Not tomorrow. Not ever. My daughter deserves better than you. You're not good enough for Maya and you never will be. If you love her like you say you do then you want what is best for her and what is best for her is for you to break up with her because she deserves the best and it's not you."