Chapter 3: A Rude Awakening

"Alright then, where should we sleep?" I ask. I figure if I'm stuck with her, at least she'll help my clueless butt out.

Y/N turns around and starts walking in a random direction. "Wait," I call out to her. She turns back around. "We shouldn't stay here. Let's go somewhere else. I'll follow you," I say. She nods.

She gently grabs my hand and lightly pulls me along, ironically going in the direction I came from. Halfway to the exit, she stops. "Is there a park around here?" She asks. I nod, and point in the general direction of where it is. She continues on, my hand still softly clasped in her's.

After a while of walking, we make it to the park. We try to avoid where people would be, but we got a few odd looks on the way. Once we were there, she let go of my hand, picked a random tree and curled up at the base. I could feel the chill even through my hoodie, and I could see her slightly shivering.

"Eh, we're gonna die if we're alone, and it's cold, so why the heck not,"  I thought to myself.

I laid down next to her, wrapping my arm around her. She pushed her back up closer to me. I guess I was a little warmer than she was. After a while of just laying there trying to get warm, we fell asleep.

Your POV

I woke up, still freezing, the mystery boy still asleep. It was a little warmer with the sun being out, so I wiggled out of his surprisingly strong grip and laid in my own spot. Still next to him, at the same tree base, just not snuggling anymore. He twitched and rolled over; I smiled and fell asleep again.

Connor's POV

I was only half-awake. All I heard was, "we found the missing kid, he's unconscious in the park," before I felt someone lightly shake me. From the strong grip, I could tell it wasn't Y/N. Annoyedly, I reached out and slapped the person's face hard.

"He's alive," said the man I'd just slapped. I heard him walk away from me.

I was still tired, so I decided to go back to sleep, after reaching over to hold Y/N's hand of course. I figured, whatever that dude meant by missing kid passed out in the park, it had to do with us and adults were gonna get involved, so I'd better make sure she's still with me.

I was woken up fully by someone shaking me harder than the last man. I groaned and opened my eyes.

"What..?!" I asked.

My eyes hadn't focused yet, all I heard was a familiar sobbing. Yup, that's her alright. As soon as my eyes adjusted, I saw my mother, crying happiness tears onto my father's shoulder, my father shaking his head at me, and my sister just standing there looking annoyed.

I ignored my family in front of me, they probably thought I was dead or something, but I didn't care. I was already committed to staying with and protecting Y/N. I looked over at her. Her horns and tail were a beautiful shade of F/C, and she was still asleep. I squeezed her hand to wake her up, and it worked surprisingly. Her E/C eyes opened slowly, but she adjusted quicker than me. She noticed my family and looked at me, terrified.

"It's okay, Y/N. Everything's gonna be okay," I mouthed to her.