Chapter 8 - At The Party

Começar do início

I started the engine again, "yea...I'll try."

"Good. So see you at the party?"

"You know it..."

"Ok then, see you then. Bye."

I put my phone down, and put my head on the steering wheel.

How can they help...if I can't even help myself...

•••

(Lapis's pov)

I was getting ready for the party. I did my hair, nails, and made sure that I didn't look all messy. I didn't put much makeup, just eyeliner and some foundation.

I got out of my bathroom and started to change. I finally put on the blue dress that Peridot picked for me. I looked at the mirror, and checked myself out.

Not bad, not bad...but holy shit this dress makes my ass look big. Hope it's not that noticeable...

I checked the time. It was only 6:58. It was still early so I decided I would chill for a bit. Both my parents aren't going to be back home until midnight. So I basically have the house for myself.

I walked to the living room and sat down on the couch. I turned on the tv, and went on Netflix. Hopefully I can watch something to kill time.

Pumpkin barked, and hopped ontop of my Lap, she sat down, and cuddled. I smiled, and pat her head.

I haven't really watched much Netflix lately.
'The Walking Dead' or 'Breaking Bad'?

My decision-making was interrupted when I heard my phone ring.

It was my mom.

....

Oof..

I answered quickly. "Hey mom! What's up?"

"Lapis. Darling we're going to arrive a bit late, so please take care okay? You aren't going to take long at your friends house right?" She said over the phone.

I might have lied to my parents about the party.

I said one of my friends at school was having a small birthday party. I said I was going to go over for a bit and then thy would drop me off.

...

I basically told the truth. Except I'm not going to a birthday party...

"Oh sure thing! I'll call you when I get home mom! Promise."

"Okay sweetie, love you!" She said.

"Love you too, bye!" I said before I hung the phone.

I let out a sigh...

Hopefully this party is exciting.

Ding!

My phone went off. When I checked I was suprised to see that it was Peridot. I quickly grabbed my phone started to text back.

(Back To Peridot's Pov)

I stopped by a '711' on my way to Amethyst's house. I honked my horn to let her know I was outside. I waited patiently outside, on my phone.