"I can't wait to make it up to you." She bit her bottom lip while looking me over.

"You ain't getting none of this." I said.

"That's what your mouth say." She winked and the whispering between us stopped once Ms. Joy came back.

"I'm curious and I'm not one to bite my tongue. What brings you around here Princeton?" My mother adjusted the purse strap on her left shoulder.

"Umm Mea sent him over here to grab something for her." Harmony quickly responded.

"I could have sworn I named my daughter Harmony not Princeton. Let this grown man talk." She briefly looked at her before turning her attention back towards me.

"I came to see your daughter." I said.

"I see." She looked between us two. "Y'all two don't do anything that I would do." She chuckled.

"Mom I told you it's not like that." Harmony said.

"Girl hush your mouth with those lies. Nobody else may not see it but I do." She said.

I chuckled and moved some of my dreads out of my face. I was a grown man who was not going to lie about our situation.

"You both are grown and Princeton is fine fine so I can see why you want to be all over him like white on rice. I don't know why you can't tell me the truth Harmony." She smirked.

"Mom!" Harmony shook her head.

"You kids have a great night." She laughed and winked at me.

"Love you!" Harmony kissed her cheek.

"Princeton I'll holla at you! You be good with my daughter." She held up the peace sign and walked towards her car.

"See you later Mrs. Joy!" I smiled and watched as she got inside of her car and drove off.

"You ready to go inside now?" Harmony asked me once her mother's car was no longer in eye sight.

"I been ready 10 minutes ago. I should get back inside of my car and head home since you had me waiting out here all night." I squinted my eyes at her.

"Boy you ain't going nowhere." She sucked her teeth.

"Oh word?" I raised my right eyebrow.

"Come inside I'm not playing with you." She rolled her eyes standing in front of the door.

"Make me." I shrugged.

She smirked and reached out to grab me by my shirt pulling me inside of the house. I was a little caught off guard by the gesture. She closed the door behind me and stood in front of me with a smile on her face.

I grabbed her by the hips and pulled her into me before pulling her hair back forcing her to look into my eyes.

"If you ever jack me up like I'm a child again I got something for you. Understood?" I said lowly.

"Yes sir." She smirked.

"You know wassup." I stepped away from her and walked over to plop down on the couch.