Epilogue: The Status Update

"Is he going to be alright?" Eugen asks one of the medical personnel.

"He's stable but the rubble that fell on him has left him with several open wounds." The medic replies. "It will probably be a few days before he completely recovers. If you would like you can talk to him."

"I'm glad to hear that, but for now I will check up on the others." Eugen says as she leaves to go to the repair bay where everyone, save for herself and Hipper, is going under repairs from the battle.

"It's mostly superficial. We fix up our guns and we'll be back up and running in no time." Bismarck chuckles as she's the first one to be dispatched. "I must check up on the commander."

"You're free to talk to him they said." Eugen says as Bismarck heads to the medical bay and meets up with the commander.

"Are you alright?" Bismarck asks as she looks at the bandages wrapped all around his torso.

"I've had worse." The commander replies. "You?"

"Most of us just had our guns crippled." Bismarck says. "But it warranted retreat."

"How much damage did you cause to our enemy?" The commander asks.

"They were from the Eagle Union and they had brought their toughest carriers out. We managed to destroy their weapons before they could completely destroy ours and Z23 managed to seriously injure one of the heavy cruisers."

"Nice." The commander says. "But I'm afraid this won't be the last we'll see of them. Sakura Empire may be dealing with the both of them but it's time that we step in."

"You're right." Bismarck replies. "Both members of the Azur Lane have attacked us, it's only fair that we strike back where it really hurts."

"And I think I have just the thing to do that." The commander asks.

"And what is that?" Bismarck asks right back.

"Something that I doubt anyone will be expecting. This may fail and be my biggest letdown or this could be the greatest breakthrough of the millennium. Tell our research buddies to add one more thing to the quota." The commander chuckles sinisterly.

"And what may that be?" Bismarck asks.

"Come close." The commander replies.

To Be Continued