XIX

I couldn't hate her.

How could I? It wasn't the beauty that she radiates with her golden smile, or the pretty blonde hair that cascades around her beautiful face or her perfect legs in those chunky booties.

It was the smile she put on his face and the glowing of his cheeks as a clear sign of the butterflies fluttering in his stomach.

Was this it?

Nora's eyes caught mine from across the cafe, and she smiled, beckoning me over to them. Forcing a smile to my lips, I softly thanked Yoongi for the coffee and approached the happy couple.

"May," She took me into a tight embrace before pulling out an empty chair in front of her. "I'm so glad I saw you! I was just telling Jimin how I wanted to talk to you."

"Really?" I asksd, brows slightly knit together in confusion.

Jimin greeted me, sharing a smile before checking his watch. The smile on his face softly faded and he sighed out loudly.

"Sorry, girl," His hand rested on Nora's back. "But Doctor Park is needed."

I scoff a laugh, nodding at his rose from his chair with his coffee in his hand and left— of course not forgetting to kiss Nora's forehead.

The both of us watched from the window as Jimin disappeared into the mass of people on his way to the hospital.

I failed to notice Nora's feline eyes studying me as she leaned on her forearms that were crossed on the table. When I came to my sense, I gave her a soft smile and sipped on my coffee.

It was still warm, burning a trail from my tongue to my stomach as I swallowed.

"May," her voice was gentle, different from usual. She was typically playful and her voice transcended her high energy, but it was soft and mellow now. "I- uh... I know."

My brows dipped, head softly tilting to the side like a cat who had just heard a strange noise. "Know what?"

"About the time travel. I know it all."

Words left me, leaving my brain blank as I stared at her glossy eyes.

How could she possibly know? What does this mean?

"I need your help, May. I can't let Jimin get in that plane. I— I know you won't let him."

My heart beat violently in my chest, but it sounded like it was in my ears. Like stuck under water, everything was moving slowly.

"Please, May. He's already mentioned the conference. I asked him to stay, but he was hesitant. I'm scared, and I need your help. May, please, I know you love him and you won't let him get on it."

"What makes you think he'll listen to me?" To my surprise, I answer the first thought that crossed my mind. "He didn't stay for me."

"May," her eyes flutter, blinking away tears that formed in her eyes, but it was obvious the way sadness swirled in them. "You're still somewhere in his heart, and I see a flicker of light at the mention of your name."

The scoff that escaped my lips was insensitive and I noticed it the second Nora lean away.

"I'm sorry," I sigh, sinking into the chair as a soft pounding knocked my head. "It's just hard," I failed to notice until this moment that a tear slid down my cheek unchecked. "I— I miss him and I wanted us to work—"

But he's happy with you. He loves you.

She wasn't angry like any reasonable girlfriend would be if she heard another woman say that about their boyfriend. Nora's features softened, and her hand fell on top of mine.

"I know."

Was this it? Was this what moving on feels like?

With tears down my cheeks, I smile as my body feels... light. And my heart is full, sending waves of peace through my veins. The need to fight my emotions has crumbled, and I embrace what rolls through my body.

"I want what is best for Jimin. I want him to live a long life, have kids and grow old. To be happy," I grip her hand, smiling with tears in my eyes. "Even if it's without me."

My senses are finally restored, as the soft chatter of friends fills the room mixed with the sound of the grinding of coffee beans.

A small bell rings, announcing the entrance of a new customer. My head softly turns on instinct in response to the bell, and my eyes land on black hair, black clothes, and dark eyes. It was hard not to spot him in the crowd.

My own heaven. I should have realized much sooner.

"I'll help you, Nora," My gaze lands on her once again. Her eyes gleam with hope and she perks up in her seat. "Take care of him. He loves you so much already."

"How do you know?"

I smile. "I know the symptoms." My boy is warm with excitement, and I'm eager to run to his arms because all I crave is him, holding me and drowning me in his scent while he laughs or simply lulls me into a whimsical world is 'us'. "I have to go, but we'll talk more."

"Wait!" She hold my hand the second I rise from the seat. "Thank you."

I smile, offering her a wink before she lets me go and I pace across the cafe to him

He's caught off guard when my arms wrap around his waist from behind and my cheek is pressed against his shoulder blade.

"Who—" when his hands land on mine to pry me off, he realized it's me and he chuckles softly. "Come here."

He tugs on my arm so he's hugging me properly, petting the top of my head and it makes me go crazy. Every cell in my body was dying to be in his embrace and now they cheer.

Suppressing my feelings won't work.

"What's wrong?" His voice calms me like a lullaby.

"Nothing. I'm just happy."

*

"What do you mean?" Hoseok asks, bumping his head against the Yoongi's when he stands up from his chair too abruptly. Yoongi winced, rubbing his temple. "You don't want to go back?"

"Hoseok, I don't want to go back to a timeline where Jimin is dead."

"So, you're gonna win his heart in this timeline and try to save him." Hobi bobbed his head as if he understood.

Yoongi sighs, rubbing his forehead at Hoseok's response. The sunshine boy was a little clueless the signs I displayed on my feelings to Jungkook.

"Really, Hobi?" Yoongi asked, but Hobi looked at him cluelessly. "May is in love with Jungkook!"

"What?!" Hobi's shout startled us as we watched his eyes grow wide and his body freeze. "You are?" His voice softened as a smile painted over his features.

I brushed it off, ignoring the heat crawling up to my cheeks and the electricity coursing my veins at the mention of Jungkook. "I'm sorry for making you waste your time on making a time machine."

"No! Don't worry about it. I figured out where you went wrong and turned into a Tim machine, so I can easily turn it into my design." He smiled.

"Thank you."

"So," Yoongi trailed off, taking a seat on the spiny chair of Hobi's desk. "How are you gonna get Jimin to stay? His convention is in a few weeks."

"I have no idea."

*

its unedited!!!! I'm sorry!!!!!