"No fair," Josh whined. "That's cheating,"

"It doesn't say anywhere in the rulebook that you can't climb on top of your teammates," Ara grinned smugly.

Lee was sulking and gave us a glare. I looked over to find Rosen smiling as my friends continued to bicker. His eyes glanced upwards, meeting mine and his smile grew even more. I waited for him to look away, but when he didn't I quickly stuck one of my fingers in Tristan's ear for an escape to the staring match. Tristan screeched and reached up to bat my hand away. I leaned back a little too far and had to grab his forehead to steady myself. He grumbled and I figured that was my cue to get my butt off of him.

**

I threw away the empty cups from the slushies and wiped away the perspiration on my forehead, so gross. I was glad I hadn't put the dress back on, becasue the thin tank top and shorts helped keep me cooler. As I turned around I noticed Rosen was right in front of me.

"Oops sorry," I said looking at my shoes. My gaze flickered up between my lashes to find him looking at me.

"My bad," Rosen said and stepped to the side so I could pass by him. I gave a thankful nod before I joined Lynn, who was digging through her bag.

"El you should stay at my house for the night. My parents are going to this wedding party thing," she said. I watched Rosen talk on the phone with someone, and by the expression on his face I guessed it wasn't good news.

"Huh? Oh yeah sure," I replied a bit delayed. Of course, she noticed and gave me a sly smile.

"Get his number," She prodded me, poking my side. I shook my head furiously. She was one of those girls who could see a good looking guy on the street and just ask for his number. Even though she has only ever dated Lee for as long as i've known her. I just didn't think things worked like that for me so the idea was ridiculous. "You're staring at him like he's got a booger up his nose and you want to get a better look,"

"Who has a booger up their nose?" Lee asked coming up and kissing Lynn's forehead. He slung an arm around her shoulder, pulling her into his side.

"Ellie bear is in Love," Lynn sang and made kissy faces. I scrunched my nose up, and glared at Lee while he laughed.

"I don't know him," I said in a hushed yell, putting my hand over her mouth to stop her talking. She licked my hand and I pulled it away quickly, wiping my hand off on my shorts with disgust.

"He's pretty cool El so I approve," Lee shrugged. Lee acted like an older brother to me most of the time, so he always told me he had to approve of the guy i'm going to date. I wouldn't admit it, but having him okay a guy would be a big deal to me.

"Shut up! We aren't dating," I shouted louder than I intended. Lynn snorted a laugh as I turned around to see Rosen three feet away with an uncomfortable expression on his face. He shifted his feet slightly and glanced at his phone, probablly just pretending to be texting someone. I groaned and banged my head against Lee's shoulder. "I hate you," I muttered and Lee patted my head like I was a child.

Rosen walked up to me, and suddenly Lee and Lynn vanished and were by the other tree talking to everyone else.

Traitors.

I gave Rosen a tight smile.

I watched him stumble for a moment as he grabbed a pen from his back pocket and grabbing my arm, starting to scribble on some numbers. Lynn was watching us intently from nearby.

"Wha-"

"I know you're curious, and your one friend practically threatened my life if I didn't give you my number," He laughed slightly and smiled. "If you ever need anything or want to talk, just send me a text or call me," I noticed Rosen's hand shook a little as he wrote his number along my arm. He paused a moment before writing down the last digit and I silently prayed to the heavens he didn't just write down a fake number. He stuck the pen in his back pocket and I looked at my arm then him, trying to hide the growing happiness filling my body. I had never gotten a boy's number other than from my guy friends, and I had to admit that the attention made me feel at least a little special.

"You aren't going to ask for mine?" I asked with a curious expression.

"I'd rather you make the first attempt at contact," He gave me a smile. " I had fun with your friends today, but I've got to go right now so hopefully talk to you soon? I'd like to haang out with you all again," I chewed on my lip before giving a small nod, and watched his back as he walked away. He turned to give all of us one last wave, before disappearing around a street corner.

I turned to see Lynn with a proud and excited look on her face.

Did that seriously just happen?