Chapter 3

Astrid Hofferson, isn't the sort of girl you want to mess around with. Top of all her classes and has serious anger issues.So you don't want to piss her off, other wise it won't end well for you. Astrid thought today was going to be like any other day, until she stepped foot in her history class.

--------

Hiccup woke up to the sound of his alarm going off, and he was not pleased about it. He tried to shut the sound out by putting his pillow over his head, But that didn't work. so he blocked it out the only way he how.By smashing it.

Hiccup was born with the strength of a vampire, except he wasn't as strong as a vampire. He was the weakest out of the whole school. But over the last 3 years he's grown in strength, and he's Probably nearly as strong as his dad now. So when he smashed it, it crumbled into millions of pieces.he slept through most the day and now it's 12:00 am, half an hour before classes start.

He groaned knowing if he didn't get up, then Alvin would send a guardian to wake him up. So with great difficulty, he dragged himself out of bed, fastened on his prosthetic and slumped over to the shower letting the hot water run over his sore body, and scars.

Most of his scars were sustained when he lost his leg, in an accident that happened 2 years ago. He doesn't like to talk about it. No one knows that his left leg is gone, except for the human who helped him heal. The rest his scars are from when he's been kidnapped by other vampire tribes, or hunters, more memories he doesn't like to talk about.

After his shower, he put on a black long sleeve shirt, black hoodie, black shoes and green jeans. When he walked out of the bathroom toothless was awake, stretching in a down woulds dog pose.

"Morning toothless, "he said giving him a scratch under the chin, which he really like. Toothless gives him a smile, and wags his tail.

"Alright, alright, "he said" I'm getting you something to eat. "He went into the mini fridge which every dorm room has. All was in their was rotten cheese and Chinese take away. Even though vampires dink blood, they can still eat regular food. Except it doesn't really have any taste and it a little harder to digest.

"Well, Chinese it is, "he said tipping into a bowl. "Here go.

"Toothless gobbled down in a minute, then curled up on the bed and back to sleep.

"Lazy canine, "hiccup mumbled. He looked at the time and noticed class started 5 minutes ago, but he doesn't really care. He never wanted to come back. So if they want him to go to class their going have to drag him their in chains. Plus, he doesn't want to see his old 'friends'. He knows Snotlout's going to be pissed that's he's back, cause if he's back he reclaims heir to the throne after his dad dies, and that kicks Snotlout off. But Astrid's going to be more pissed, if he's back that means she's not going to be the top of the classes and with Astrid she's has to be the best at everything.

He hopped back on his bed, which got a whack in the head by toothless tail for disturbing him. He sighed as he laid down, his eye lids started to feel heavy, and they started to close. Just before they closed he got startled awake by a banging on his door. Which caused him to fall of the bed.

"Hiccup. Open up, "called Gobber.

He just groaned, and rubbed where he hit his head. He sat up and grabbed the bed for supported.

"Hiccup, "he yelled again.

"Alright, I'm coming" he growled. He stood up and opened the door.

"What?, "he snapped. Glaring at Gobber.

"Your meant to be in class, "he says

"Yeah. So? "Asks hiccup.

"So, get your ass over their now, "Gobber demands.

"And what if I don't?, "hiccup smirks

Gobber growls. "Then I'll drag you their my self, "he threatens.

"You could try, "hiccup dares. Still glaring at him.

Gobber then grabs arm with some strength and pulls him out the door. And hauls him across the hallway. "Sorry, lad. But I got orders, and their to drag your sorry ass to class."

"How are you going to do that if I aren't even in your grasp anymore, "hiccup said.

Gobber stopped walking and looked down to see he wasn't holding hiccup anymore. Instead hiccup was at the end of the hall, with his arms crossed over his chest giving him a smug look.

"How'd you do that?, "he asked amazed that he didn't feel or realize sooner.

"Why should I tell you that?, "smirked hiccup

"Now listen hiccup- "he started but then stopped when he noticed the other two guardians standing behind him. Hiccup saw the grin on his face and his own dropped.

"What? "He asked confused as to why Gobber was smiling. Then he felt someone grab his shoulder. He looked up to see the guardians looking down at him.

"Oh, that "he sighed.

"Good job boys "said Gobber "take him to, class 19 I'll meet you their. "He then sped of out of sight. They then grabbed hiccup by the arms drag him to class. Literally.

--------

When Astrid got to class she went to her normal spot next to Ruffnut, and waited for the rest of the class to arrive.

"Do you guys know what all the commotion was about last night?" Asked Tuffnut.

"Who cares "said Snotlout "it was probably just the guardians coming back from patrol."

"Yeah. But I heard there was yelling coming from Alvin's office," said Fishlegs.

"It was probably Alvin, having another one of his 'tantrums' at them, "said Astrid.

"Probably, "mumbled Fishlegs. The teacher finally came in and class started, they were learning about World War I, when half way through the lesson Gobber interrupted.

"Excuse me sir, may i please have a word, "he asked.

"Yes, Gobber you may, "he said "the rest of you continue on with your work. "But of course none of them did that, they all started whispering to each other about what's going on. Most the kids only see Gobber at training, so to see him rock up into the middle of the lesson, asking to speak to the teacher privately, it has to be something important. Especially since he's the best guardian on campus.

Outside Gobber was telling him, how hiccup was back and just filling him in on the info. The whole time the teacher kept his eyes on hiccup. Hiccup remembered him. He was his best student, when he was last here, and with the look on his face he seems shocked that hiccup was back.

Hiccup wasn't looking forward to going in there. He has butterflies in his stomach and he knows something bad's going to happen.

Few minutes later, the teacher came back in, with a surprised look on his face, "Students, "he called "it seems that we have..ah, have an old student who's come back to the academy. "All of them looked at her confused at what he means. There's only a few students who have left the school, so they couldn't think of who she meant.

Hiccup didn't move when he told the students that someone new/old came back. He didn't want to face all of them, but, of course luck wasn't on his side. So instead of walking in, he got pushed in by Gobber, nearly tripping over his feet. Mumbling curses under his breath. He glared at Gobber, who was giving him a thumbs up before turning around. When he turned Astrid recognized him straight away.

Auburn hair, forest green eyes... Then her eyes widened oh, no

"Hiccup Haddock, everyone "said the teacher. All of them went wide eyed and slacked jawed.