You didn't reply, she wasn't wrong about everything she said. In fact there was more truth in there than you had wanted to admit. Which did not mean you just accepted her insulting you so blatantly.

You took a deep breath, "I ain't saying that you are correct. In some ways you could not be more wrong.", you stopped and crossed your arms, "But don't you think I know that? I know I am not one of the Knights, hell I can see what they can do every fucking day. Of course, I do!"

You spoke quietly in order to not attract any more attention than you already had.

She shook her head, "I don't think you do. You think you are special."

"Maybe I am.", you pouted.

"It does not matter if you are or not! Because if you are working you are a doctor like everyone else.", she sighed loudly, "Listen, all I want is that you give Dr. Escyle a chance and that you stop going against everything he does!"

"Why? He was wrong."

"Oh for fuck's sake!", she threw her arms up in the air, "He's a really intelligent man. He's nice and friendly and very helpful and caring and..."

She added a few more positive adjectives but it's not like they mattered.

"...I am sure you can also be nice and...", you stopped listening again, "...but you close yourself off...", nope not interesting either, "...I thought we had that discussion already!...", exactly another reason to not listen, "...you never tell me anything. Atleast tell me where you eat dinner every night!" And again...oh. Wait no, that had been an actual question. Shit. What was it again?

"What?"

She sighed, "Atleast tell me where you eat dinner every night! You're my friend, I should know atleast that."

She was right. She was your friend. If you were fully honest probably the only proper friend you had in the First Order. You did have 2333 and 2334, but you didn't work together with them. Actually, you hadn't seen them either, given you were now training with the Knights and not on your own anymore.

Rosie had always been there for you, or rather you knew that she would listen if you would actually need her help. So far you hadn't. Or you couldn't use her help because of the security clearance level. You still could not tell her much, but perhaps you could get her to calm down a bit more if you'd tell her about dinner? Or atleast explain why you can't talk about it.

It wasn't good for you either to lose the only friend and coworker that actually stood behind you and aided you in your decisions. You knew she had defended you before. But she didn't want to have a rather one-sided friendship either. Perfectly understandable.

"Uhm...", you scratched your head, "I...", you stopped, "I'll tell you tonight. Our shift ends in four hours, I'll come to your apartment. Is that fine?"

"Why not yours?", she crossed her arms.

"Rosie! Baby steps! You are forcing me into a very uncomfortable situation here!"

She grinned. "Alright. But I'll take you to my place immediately so you can't disappear."

"I am very skilled at disappearing."

"I know. Everyone knows."

"Oh believe me, I am far better than you want to imagine.", you grinned widely and parted ways, quickly grabbing a bite to eat.

Work itself went by rather smooth, you didn't encounter Dr. Escyle again until your shift ended but you got yourself to tell him 'goodbye'. From how he looked at Rosie she had probably told him something similar. Or she had complained to him about you. One of the two. It didn't really matter in the end because both of you pulled yourself together atleast a bit.