You straightened your tunic back down,"Now...regarding the whole being a combat medic business. I am aware that it does take up huge amounts of my time. I know it is inconvenient for everyone. But. There is a massive 'but' here involved that you have forgotten. I am not a permanent doctor. When I got that promotion all of you, every single doctor should have known that I would not be present constantly. With you giving me patients you made the mistake of assuming I would be here full-time. Well, you are utterly wrong because I am not."

You stopped and let your words sink in for a second but continued immediately when he made an attempt to speak: "If you do not want to feel like you are my assistant then don't assign me patients and nurses. There is a reason I only wanted Rosie as my nurse, I don't need to fuel my ego by taking care of people personally. I am fine with doing surgeries and helping out where I can."

His face was red but he swallowed his anger down, "I see. So I will take your patients permanently then?"

"Fine. Do that. I'll jump in and help where I am needed.", you sighed.

"Alright.", he took his own datapad and started tapping around on it, "You are dismissed."

"I'll dismiss myself. You said you didn't expect me for another hour? I'll get some breakfast then.", you marched out the door only hearing Rosie jogging after you a short while later.

"24! 24! Don't be such an ass, I have tiny legs!"

"Oh. I am sorry.", you slowed your pace and waited for her to catch up to you.

"Did you have to do that?", she asked. For someone so small she could be very intimidating.

"Do what? Tell him off? He's incredibly annoying, I am glad I did it."

"No. Dr. Escyle can be very nice and sweet. He's smart and no matter what, he always helps everyone else out."

Why was she defending him? Had she seen how he had treated you? For the past few weeks he had always assigned you the worst patients. They were either incredibly hurt, so that all you could do was make their death easier. Full well knowing that you were everything but good at consoling anyone. Or they were just assholes. There were more than a few that had made very VERY rude comments about you treating them.

He'd also given you the worst assistants for surgeries, some that he knew you did not get along with. Mainly because of their incompetence. And worst of all: he had fucked with your documentation. You hated doing paperwork and had a very tidy and well thought out system that you followed every single time to make it a bit more bearable. He had more than once deleted everything and told you there had been a minor mistake. There hadn't been. Because after you reuploaded the copy you had made he was fine. Good thing you did save everything twice.

"Nice and sweet to you maybe.", you complained quietly.

"No. You have been opposing him from day one. He knows his stuff! He's incredibly capable and you...you are so stubborn! It's so typical of you! Can you not back down once? This is not war, you don't have to always win every argument and discussion."

How could someone so small have so much built up anger inside them?

"Oh shut up, I so don't do that!"

Did you?

"Yes you do!", she grabbed your arm and stopped you from walking any further, "He is right! Get off your high horse! Just because you somehow got that position as the Knights' medic does not mean you are better than everyone else!"

"I never said I was..."

"You don't have to! Your behaviour says enough! You look down on everyone around you!", she put her hands on her hips and stared at you, "You can be very arrogant, you know that? Self centered.", she shook her head, "Those Knights didn't do any good to you. You think you belong with them... somewhere higher up in the hierarchy but you are still just a combat medic. Don't behave like you are a Knight."