Only one thing to do now...you got out your data pad and started researching anything you could find on the Force. Given that there was essentially nothing even in the great archives you went on to research Vornskr. There was far more to find on them. You started backtracking who had brought them to Chirna by looking through every available transport and newspaper article.

There were virtually kilometers of different shipping entries that had arrived in Chirna all those years ago. Through filtering and meticulously researching certain parts you managed to find out quite a lot though. Apparently they had been brought upon the planet by some guy named 'Campbell', roughly 150 years ago.

It only gave you some hints about how your family had adapted. The worst thing was that somehow the name sounded familiar to you, but you couldn't pinpoint why. There was only one way to find that out as well and you really wanted to avoid it...after debating whether or not it was worth it for a good fifteen minutes you eventually swallowed your pride and called your mother.

"Yes?", she answered and from the way she looked on the video feed you got the feeling that you just woke her up. Did waking up people to ask them arguably stupid questions now become the norm for you?

"Hey, Urs." You didn't call her 'mom'. She'd been a stranger to you your whole life, calling her anything endearing was really out of the question.

"Oh...it's you. How are you doing?"

She sat up in her bed.

"Fine. Listen uhm...do you know anyone by the name of 'Campbell'"

It had always been best to directly ask her for things. Otherwise it would take ages and you really did not want to spend much time talking to her.

"Aren't you sweet?", she said sarcastically. It was obvious that she didn't like you skipping pleasantries, you ignored her displeased attitude fully.

"Campbell...Campbell...mhhh... it sounds familiar. Why are you asking?"

"Oh I was just bored and did some research on-"

"A guy named that way?", she listened up.

"Yes, but it's not how you think it is." Sometimes she tried so desperately to be part of your life, even though she had no idea what was actually going on.

"Oh...", she looked at you for a short while, "You are wearing a First Order badge."

"Yes. It was a guy on Chirna, so if you could ask my aunt or someone like that it'd be really cool."

"Have you joined them?"

That question alone explained everything about your relationship. The last time you had talked was when you had finished medical school. Apart from that, it was an incredibly stupid question. Why else would you be wearing their badge? A fashion statement?

"Yes. A year ago actually."

"As a doctor on board of a ship?"

"Combat medic actually but I got pr-"

"A combat medic? You could have done so much better. You are smart, you could have gone into research, be of some use to the scientific community! Not...take care of those...those soldiers on the battlefield. Especially not with...", she leaned in closer and whispered, "the First Order."

You pressed your teeth together and exhaled slowly, "Maybe if you would have actually been around you could have told me how oh-so-great it is to work in research. I frankly, really enjoy my job. And I am good at it.", you stopped, "No. I am not good at it. I am excellent."

You might be excellent at trauma surgery and care, but your mother was more than excellent at infuriating you.

"But why the First Order! You could have gone to a private security contractor like your dad or...or you could have worked in emergency medicine in a hospital. Anything! Why did you have to join them? Do you even know what they are doing?!"