"Me?"

"Oh no, I am sorry, Sir. I did not mean you. I meant so many...so many force users.", you backpedaled and sat up again, "I am sorry, I did not mean you. I meant the Knig-"

He smiled, "I understand. It's fine." This was the first time you had seen him smile properly. Somehow it made you incredibly happy, just seeing the most feared man of the galaxy smile.

"I am sorry, Sir...", you scratched your head, thinking about the questions that couldn't leave it before and now seemed to have magically disappeared. "I guess I am just nervous. And overwhelmed. And I don't think I am the right person. This...force void. I don't understand it. What does it mean? I know you can throw me around with the Force. But you call me a void?"

"If you develop your power, I won't be."

You looked at him, perplexed, "Really? Now that hardly seems possible. I have seen what you can do!"

"No, you haven't.", Kylo looked at you. His eyes were half closed and he was blinking rather frequently, most certainly to stop himself from falling asleep. His hair, that was usually messy, was even more untamed right now, somehow sticking to his forehead and standing up at the same time. A rather amusing mess.

You started to feel bad about waking him up. It was not your right to just march into the Supreme Leader's room and wake him because you were confused about a new job offer. That just did not make any sense. Why did he even allow you to just walk in and wake him? He was patient with you. He was known for the tantrums he threw sometimes. Even as you had scolded him for not watching out he hadn't hurt you. Surprising, really. And yet you, a mere medic, had decided to wake up you boss at night because he gave you a promotion. Offered you to do something greater with your life.

"I should let you sleep, Sir. You are tired. My questions are not as important as your sleep.", you made an attempt to stand up but noticed that you couldn't move.

"You have not developed your power yet.", he lowered his hand again, allowing you to move, "I am already awake."

You pulled your own legs towards your body, the same way as him, "Thank you, Sir.", you said quietly, still watching him. You sorted through the questions in your head, trying to figure out the most important ones.

"Am I the only one?", you eventually asked.

"Perhaps."

"Really? That sounds absurd. I mean my dad taught me, and his dad before him?", you stopped, "That answers a lot."

You thought about it for a bit longer, turning your head towards the ceiling. If you would have known someone it would have made things easier, you could have asked about it. Like this you were just thrown into the unknown. It was a bit like going to the doctor with a variety of symptoms and instead of telling you a diagnosis they tell you to pick a name for the disease. So in short, not something you really wanted to experience.

"How do you know how to train me then?"

"I don't."

You looked back at him, "You don't?" Surprising. To a degree.

You bit your lower lip, trying to figure out how to ask the question that had bothered you the most about this whole ordeal.

"What do you want to use me as?", you finally asked. It was the essential problem behind being trained in 'not existing where everyone else existed'. What did it mean for you personally?

Kylo's eyes were focused on your legs and you slowly pulled your pyjama pants more towards your knee.

"So?"