Madonna may have idea where Orla was but she is a demanding Witch who only did favor in return for heavy gains.

"And that is when you found out there is a greatly influential witch in the vicinity?" Knox nodded his head to Lucius' question.

Lucius came up with many doubts all through the tale. Why was Madonna there in the first place and how come no one knew about her?

His mother was hiding from someone at that time was something he did not know. He knew that his mother was never very keen on the family and affection but what was the reason for her to go into hiding?

She was a goddamn Witch, an extremely powerful one at that then why would she hide and from whom? She could easily defend herself from anyone.

What was more puzzling was why Orla left her husband and kids only to undergo such troubles?

"Later when Orla handed me the list of rites I had to perform to achieve what I wanted, she left the region and I could not find her again till date but I did acquainted with Witch Madonna. Witch Madonna, unlike Orla is a incredibly crafty person. She was a person who lures you with her glamour and then gets what she wants. She had to rarely use her magic for something. She was the one who helped me thereafter although I had to serve her with several settlements." Something was not fitting in the tale Knox was narrating.

Lucius felt that the tale was too perfect. Knox meets an influential sorcerer, receives what he wanted, meets another influential witch who helped him all through the time; it was too flawless.

It almost seemed like a setup but as claimed by Knox, both the women did not know of each other nor had they met ever.

Why did it appear like there was something very twisted in the whole story?

"Hmm. Why was Madonna gathering young men?" Lucius inquired as the wheels of his mind started working their way. He already felt the oddness in what Knox had narrated.

There was something amiss and he was quite certain about it. He also knew there was something about the young which did not fit in.

"I do not know the cause; however she ought to sacrifice eight unmarried men as postulants for eight years in order to attain loveless fate." Lucius hummed in response.

What might be the reason for a beautiful woman like Madonna to go as far as to completely turn her fate into a loveless one; Lucius could not understand.

Why had Madonna gone to such lengths?

"Why was I not successful in finding Orla but Madonna can? Madonna is no greater than what I am." Lucius inquired.

Lucius had performed several customs and rites to track the whereabouts of Orla but has never seen the face of victory. It was as if his spells, his wizardry were barren. It assumed as if someone had already known he would be searching for Orla and had blocked his ways.

This was the doubt that has been making him frown from past several days. How come his magic cannot find his evil mother but someone who isn't on his par could?

"Undoubtedly, however, Witch Madonna does not just use her sorcery but also other mediums. She has good affinity with the witches of other covens in all the four regions. They have high regard for Witch Madonna and nothing can possibly go under her perky nose."

Everything Lucius had heard; came to know and understood; Orla and Madonna had no relation yet there was something inside his head telling him otherwise. If what Knox had narrated was true, then he was positive the young witch knew of him before he ever decided to disguise to meet her.

She must have had inkling about his ordeal in searching for Orla. What Lucius could not comprehend was whether Madonna's knowledge about him and his predicament was just mystical or did she know more than he assumed.

Leaving Knox to scream in with the pain Lucius caused freshly, he left the prison to finally fulfill the impending meeting with the young witch.

Lucius could not possibly give his sister's property that Madonna asked for. What can he do to get what he wanted from the shrewd woman without getting his sister's possessions implicated?

Why does she need his sister's belongings in the first place?

But to begin with, he should learn if Madonna was an blameless bystander or a part of the whole play.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think about the chapter? Interesting? Boring?

What exactly is happening here?

Do you think Knox has another story that he is hiding?

Why was Orla suspicious every time she was mentioned?

Orla left her family in greed for something more but how come Knox is involved in it?

What use Orla has of Knox in her journey to be the most powerful witch?

How was Madonna a part of Orla's ploy?

Do you think Lucius is Orla's next target after plotting her own daughter's murder?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim