^Lady Anna Cloud^

"Lady Anna," Gideon bows slightly as he greets the beautiful older looking women, possibly in her mid 30s to early 40s, dressed in an old-fashioned dark grey schoolmarm outfit, her golden hair pulled back in a bun, "Thank you for giving us sanctuary." he says politely.

"Lord Blood," she said in a stringent tone, "charming as ever I see." she said pursing her lips distastefully.

Ignoring her disapproval, Gideon motions to Tracy and Jonathan, "These are my guest, Tracy Mason, Protector, and her mate Alpha Jonathan Mason."

"Thank you for having us." Tracy said politely.

"Don't mumble girl," she reprimanded crisply and then turned an evil eye on Jonathan, "And you, being an animal does not give you the right to slouch in human form."

Jonathan said nothing and swallowed the growl that threatened to burst forth at the woman's disrespect. She was the single most unhappy and grouchiest person he had ever met.

"Well don't stand there, Blood, bring your baggage in." She demanded, "Tea will be served promptly at 2, don't be late."

Tracy was amazed at how clean the old house was. There was not a speck of dust anywhere. Beautiful paintings in antique frames lined the walls. It was like walking through a museum. The bedrooms were small but well kept. You could bounce a quarter on the ironed sheets.

Gideon and Jonathan had rooms next to each other on one end of the house, while Tracy had her own room at the far end of the hall on the opposite side of the house. The beds were long but very narrow. Judging by the separation of genders and the single beds, Tracy guessed that Lady Anna must have a very strict sense of morality and "properness" but then things were done very differently in the past. Women did not even wear pants a century ago and anything to do with sex was taboo.

Well looks like there will be no hanky panky going on here, Tracy thought sitting on the firm mattress.

Tracy looked at the clock, 1:53, she stood and opened her door. Walking out into the main hall she tried to decide if she should go to Jonathan's room or just head downstairs. Not wanting to be late she went down the polished steps. Her throat felt dry and she gave a small cough.

Looking around, Tracy gasped as a woman in her mid twenties appeared next to her. Her heart jumping like minnows in a fry pan, Tracy put a hand over her chest to still it. The woman was dressed in a similar style as the hostess. Her face was pleasant but her expression stoic. Her voice sounded loud in the silent room, "Luna Mason, I am Ms. Farlow, the housekeeper. Her Ladyship and guests await you in the parlor, this way if you please." Ms. Farlow said as she began to walk toward a narrow passage.

Tracy followed behind the woman, observing the various paintings in the pristine hall. Ms. Farlow stopped in front of two plain wood doors with brass handles. Opening the door on silent hinges, Tracy stepped into the dark rose parlor. The room looked like it was from another era, long before her own. Heavy burgundy drapes kept out whatever sunlight existed outside the house. Like the rest of the house the lighting was soft and muted. The pack house had the same type of lighting, though a bit brighter, due to eye sensitivity but werewolves tended to embrace natural lighting as well. The somber appearance of the whole house gave off horror movie vibes and this parlor would have made mortuaries envious.

Tracy starred a moment at twenty or so people seated in various places around the room sipping tea. All conversations had ceased when she walked in. The people, obviously vampires, held so eerily still she would have mistaken them for wax figures.

"Luna," Lady Anna said her voice though quiet was much much louder than the silence, "Please, won't you join me?" she asked waving her hand towards an empty space next to her on the love seat.