Independence Day Part 4

Start from the beginning

It charged and kept taking out column after column. Superboy and Aqualad were let in on the plan and destroyed most of them. Robin then drew out a line and Aqualad sprayed water all over it. Kid Flash slowed himself down using the water with the monster still chasing after him. Superboy then knocked the monster over in the water and watched as Aquald electrocuted the water, I could even see the electricity running through Desmond.

"We need to move now!" Robin said and we ran for the closest exit. The building crashed onto the monster but it fell on us in the process. I fell down but luckily I was able to make an Ice bubble around myself to keep us from being crushed i was too far from the others to help.

The strain was too much as soon as It broke, Superboy caught it and kept it from hitting me. He threw it aside. Robin held out a hand for me and I took it. I looked around at the group before me. All five of us were breathing hard, Their uniforms tattered, my new outfit was destroyed..

"We...did it!" Aqualad said. 

"Was there..ever any.. doubt?"

Robin said then high-fived Kid Flash causing them both to cringe in pain. 

"Hey Supey. Look. The moon." Kid Flash said pointing to the sky. I then saw a figure flying towards us. Once I got a better look I saw it was Superman. "And Superman! Do we keep our promises or what?"

Then I saw more figures, which I was guessing was more Justice League members. They just kept coming.  "Um, is it a good thing the entire league is here?" I asked, a little terrified. 

"Probably not." Robin said. 

"Great." I mumbled.

They all stared at us. Especially Superman. Superboy stepped up and showed Superman his logo. Superman looked shocked. "Is that what I think it is?" Batman asked. 

Kid Flash walked up behind Superboy and whispered "He doesn't like being called an it." 

"I'm Superman's clone!" Superboy said. 

"And who's that?" Batman said pointing at me. Uh oh.

"Start talking." 

I told Batman my fake name, that i knew cadmus was evil and I had to stop them. HE seamed to buy it. After I finished I walked back to Robin, Kid Flash, Aqualad, and Superboy.

"Well what are we supposed to do now?" I asked them. 

"Wait for them to finish talking, then they'll kill us." Kid Flash said. 

"Well that's one way to lighten the mood." I said sarcastically.

"But what are they going to do with Superboy and I?"

"Well you'll go back to your parents and they'll figure something out for Superboy." Robin said. 

"Well about my parents. They're...." 

"Do you mean they're-" Aqualad started but I cut him off. 

"I don't want to talk about it. But it looks like the League is done talking." I said trying to change the subject. Batman, Aquaman, and the Flash walked over to us. 

"Cadmus will be investigated. All fifty-two levels." Batman said. "But let's make this clear-" 

"You should have called." Flash interupted. 

"And results aside we are not happy. You hacked Justice League's systems. Disobey direct orders. And endangered lives. You will not be doing this again." 

"I'm sorry, but we will." Aqualad stated. 

"Aqualad, stand down." Aquaman demanded. 

"Apologies my king, but no. We did good work here tonight. The work you trained us to do. Together on our own. We forged something powerful. Important." 

"If this is about your treatment back at the Hall the three of you-" Flash said. 

"The five of us." Kid Flash corrected. "And it's not." 

"We're ready to use what you taught us or why teach us at all?" Robin said. 

"Why let them tell us what to do?" Superboy said. "It's simple. Get on board or get out of the way." At that statement, I saw the League look around at each other. That was the moment I knew the League was about to make a decision that could determine our futures.

Mount Justice  July 8, 2010

"This cave was the original secret sanctuary of the Justice League. We're calling it into service again." Batman was telling us. "Since you five are determined to stay together and fight the good fight. You'll do it on League terms. Red Tornado volunteered to live here and be your supervisor. Black Canary is in charge of training. I will deploy you on missions."

"Real missions?" Robin asked. 

"Yes real missions, but covert."

"The League will still handle the obvious. That's why we have these big targets on our chests." Flash said. 

"But Cadmus proves the bad guys are getting smarter. Batman needs a team that can operate on the sly." Aquaman chimed in. 

"The six of you will be that team." Batman concluded. 

"Cool, wait six?" Robin said.

We turned around to see Martian Manhunter and another Martian with long reddish hair, freckles, and brown eyes.  "This is the Martian Manhunter's niece. Miss Martian." Batman said. Thanks for answering my question.

"Hi!" Miss Martian said.

"Liking this gig more every minute." Kid Flash said and I elbowed him.

"Ow!" he complained.

"Um, welcome aboard Miss Martian. I'm Kid Flash. That's Robin. Aqualad. Karma." he said glaring at me. I gave him a slight smirk and he just turned away. 

"I'm honored to be included." We walked over to her and started talking. 

"Hey Superboy." Robin yelled over at him. "Come meet Miss M!" Superboy walked over and Miss Martian's shirt changed to the colors of SB's and her cape went away.

"I like your t-shirt." she said to him. Superboy just looked at her and smiled. Robin came up and elbowed him and Kid Flash ran up behind him. I just rolled my eyes. 

"Today is the day." Aqualad said.