"can we get slushies?"

this chapter involves age regression.

darryl's pov

i woke up to zak bouncing on the bed, the light from the window streaming across his face as he looked up at me.

"hiya, daddy!" he said softly, curling up beside me as i ran my hand though his hair.

"hey, baby." i replied, my voice gravelly from the night before. i smiled down at him gently, and his eyes lit up looking at me.

"can we get slushies today?" i quirked my eyebrow.

"this early?"

"for breakfast!" he replied, hovering on the edge of littlespace.

i chuckled. "yeah, honey. we can get slushies today."

---

zak ran out of the room, and i sat up. i brushed the sleep out of my eyes and walked into the bathroom. green eyes stared at mine as i fixed my hair and brushed my teeth. i changed into a red hoodie and black jeans. i picked up my phone on the way downstairs to see zak sitting at the kitchen table, phone in one hand and sippy cup in the other. my heart warmed looking at him, and when i walked past i ruffled his hair. zak's head shot up out of surprise, but went back down when he saw who it was.

"d'you want pancakes or muffins for breakfast, honey?"

"thought we were gettng slushies, daddy?" zak inquired quietly, his head raising up from what presumably was his agere tumblr blog.

"you also need food, you muffin! we can get slushies after breakfast, baby." i replied amusedly, leaning against the counter.

"muffins, can we have muffins?" he said, brown eyes meeting my green.

i laughed. "muffins are daddy's favorite! how'd you know?" zak giggled.

"you're always talkin' 'bout 'em, daddy!" he said, giggling at me.

"maybe i do reference muffins a lot..." i put my hand on my chin, in thought.

"i like muffins, though! they're good!"

zak laughed at me, and i fake pouted. "don't make fun of me!"

"you're very funny." he said sarcastically but smiled, glancing at his phone quickly. his eyes lit up, though, and they strayed back to his phone.

"what is it, baby?" i inquired, walking towards him and leaning forward. he was looking at a blog for littles on his dash, and there was a dino paci on the screen. i only caught a glimpse of it before he flicked past it.

"it's nothin."

"baby, if you want that-"

"no, daddy." he smiled up at me. "i don' want the dino paci. can i p'ease have my muffin so we can go get slushies?"

"of course, baby! thank you for asking so nicely." he smiled at me and shifted in his seat, glancing at his phone with a look of want.

i'm definitely getting him that paci.

i set a warm blueberry muffin down in front of him, and he scarfed it down quickly before looking up at me. "okay, daddy, we go get slushies now?"

i snorted. "alright, let's go."

i reached out for his hand so i could walk him to the car, but he reached up for me. "carry?"

"of course, honey." i picked him up and set him on my hip, and we walked out to the car.

---

we went into the seven eleven, and i nodded to the worker. zak was holding my hand and pulling me towards the slushies. "darry, let's go!"

he called me darry in public because he didn't want people thinking he was weird for calling his boyfriend daddy. i was indifferent about it- daddy was my title for him, i was his caretaker. i was always there for him, and he loved me. it was simple to us, but clearly not the rest of the world.

"can i have blue, daddy?" he whispered, pointing to the blue. i grinned to myself. of course he wanted blue. i nodded at him, and he carefully took the cup and filled it up.
"good job, baby." he blushed, and muttered a soft thank you.

"daddy wants red?" he asked softly, holding his slushie in one hand and pointing at the red slushie with the other.

"of course daddy wants red." i replied, getting my own and walking hand in hand to the counter.

the girl at the counter lazily popped her gum. "that'll be 4.14."

zak started giggling softly. "oh my goodness, you're such a muffin." i carefully counted out the change and bid her a good day, pulling my giggly muffin behind me.

i buckled him in then walked around the car to the drivers seat. zak was mindlessly slurping his drink, kicking his feet. he looked up at me. "thank you, daddy." was mumbled shyly.

"anytime, baby."

i started the short drive towards home. i glanced over at zak to see him sucking his thumb. "baby, there's pacis at home, please stop that."
"kay." he said, leaning his head against the window. his bottom lip trembled.

"oh, honey, what's wrong?"

"m really tired, daddy." i winced, he'd probably fallen into littlespace this morning because big zak was getting exhausted.

"we can watch a movie and cuddle when we get home, baby, okay?"

"uh-huh daddy. thankies."

"daddy loves you, muffin."

"zak loves you too, daddy."

---

ahhahajaja this is so cute :)))
updates might be less frequent, I start school back tmrw :/ wish me luck!

bye, lovelies, thanks for reading xoxoxo
[878 words :) ]