chapter • three

Start from the beginning

Daiyin turns around and leaves the room. "I only came in to tell you something," she snarls. Korra was partly glad that she left, but also very curious.. and maybe a bit ashamed of her reaction to her teacher's help, something she could easily not have done for them. "Wait.. what is the news," she asks with a whisper. The firebender turns around with a small smirk displayed on the corner of her mouth.

"That I am not joining you for dinner this evening. I'm going out." Korra's eyes widen with surprise. Never had she heard that Daiyin wanted to go out, so this was a pretty big shock. "You going out? You never go out." Suddenly it clears up in her head and she starts grinning. "So.. who is it?"

Daiyin crosses her arms, her leather costume crackling a bit. "A general, serving under the United Forces. I guess you know exactly who I mean," she questions with a suggestive tone. Bolin and Mako were completely off track but very curious. "Okay then, have fun. I'll warn Tenzin." The girl bows and leaves the gym. "What the hell was that all about," Bolin asks. Korra giggles and replies: "Girls' stuff."

So hours later, while Korra and Mako were trying to find Bolin before it was too late for him, Daiyin walks inside of Hashuto, a very high established and a world renowned restaurant with food from all the different nations. It was a place to come together and eat food from your native country or try something different from a totally different place.

The host by the entrance bows for her as she struts inside on her high golden heels, dressed in a long bloodred dress. It had spaghetti straps, a deep v-line and a slit that goes up her leg. "My lady, how can I serve you this evening?" Daiyin shows him a gentle smile. "My companion and I had booked a secluded table. It is on the name of Iroh."

The man gasps. "O-of course. Follow me, my lady. General Iroh is waiting for your presence." He leads her to a secluded table, separated from the rest of the restaurant by a heavy red curtain. The host pulls the curtain away, revealing their corner. Iroh was already seated in the half circle shaped booth and looks up at seeing her entering.

He stands up with a big smile on his face. "Dai," he says with an ecstatic look on his face. The host slips away, probably back to the entrance of the restaurant, and leaves the two cousins alone. For the first time since she has left the Fire Nation, she was showing someone a genuine smile. "Irro!" Her cousin wraps his arms tightly around her waist while she locks around his neck. "It's been so long. You've grown into a real woman without me.." He grins,"Tell me, is it time yet to scare potential suitors away?"

Daiyin shakes her head with a soft smile on her lips which never seemed to go away. "Not yet, though I wouldn't be surprised if my stepmother has made some arrangements for when I return home." "I hate aunt Azina," Iroh groans. Well, she thinks, he was not the only one. She can not imagine why someone as kind and gentlehearted as her father would marry her.

Her cousin helps her into the seat, which was only a show of manners and not because she needed it, and then seats himself. A waiter arrived at their table very quickly and asked them what they would like to drink and eat. "We'd like to order only of the menu from the Fire Nation," Iroh says. They decided on a menu which brings them small portions of everything and a drink every round. After writing down their order, the waiter leaves them to their own.

"How is life, cousin," Iroh asks her as he sips from a spicy tea. Daiyin shrugs her shoulders casually. "Korra is an annoying nuisance almost all the time, but for the rest fine, I guess." "I heard she joined a local probending team?" The princess scoffs. "She dared complaining about me not paying the full sum, while I offered quite an amount. Spoiled little Avatar-brat," she mutters below her breath as she takes a sip from her own tea, a recipe from an Earthern tea house called 'Jasmine Dragon'. Because of the owner's nationality it was included on the Fire Nation menu.