Ch 1: New Trimester, New Bad Boy

Chapter 1

New Trimester, New Bad Boy

The alarm clock blared in my ear, signaling the start of another day in hell. Well, school that is. I groaned as I got up. I put on my fuzzy slippers and walked into the bathroom across the hall from my room. Today was the first day of the second trimester.

As I brushed my teeth, I went over my new schedule in my head. First hour, Government, The Gym, English, Science, Lunch, and then Geometry. I involuntarily groaned at my messy black hair and tried to run a comb through it.

Utterly impossible!

I gave up settling for a pony tail instead. i quickly put on the outfit I had prepared the night before. Dark red jeans and my favorite warped tour 2010 t-shirt, with my usual beat up black converse.

I sighed as I put on eyeliner and mascara, already feeling the drain of the day hitting me. I fit my square-rimmed glasses on my nose and grabbed my backpack.

I gave myself a once-over in the mirror.  I stared at my small stature and the over incumberance of black. I looked like a walking contradiction; punk pop/emo clothes with a shy nerdy personality. 

I fix my glasses before running downstairs grabbing a piece of toast as I ran out the door. Or should I say ATTEMPTED to run out the door. My mom scolded me before I could get my foot over the threshold. "Ah, Ah, Ah." she said shaking her finger.

"What mom? I'm going to be late out to the bus."

"Just wanted to wish my daughter a good first day of a new Trimester!" she said.

"And?" I asked, knowing there had to be more for her to stop me.

She contemplatively pats her belly, which had just begun to grow in the past few weeks. "And... I might have promised that Andy's brother would give you a ride in exchange for me giving their mom my secret recipe."  She gives a smile, rubbing her belly once more. I groaned. If Andy's brother, Adam was going to be giving me a ride, then that means I'd have to ride with Andy as well.

"I'm sorry, but Andy wouldn't take no for an answer."  My mom lamely said, grabbing her prenatal vitamins from the counter. 

"S'kay. I can manage." I said, knowing it might of been a full out lie. But I guess I wouldn't know until I tried. "Are you sure? I don't want you coming home crying like you did last Trimester." She wrings her hands together in worry before putting the vitamins in her mouth. She grabs the glass of water on the counter and takes a big chug.

I felt bad seeing my mom like this, her eyebrows pushed together and her lip turned up in worry. I knew it wasn't good for her to worry about such a small thing while she was pregnant. I sighed, reassuring her "Yes. I'm sure." 

With that I hobbled out the door to the next lot over. Andy's house. Me and him have been neighbors ever since I moved here. That was back when we were still both in diapers.