How Did We End Up Here?

My eyes hurt like hell.

I groaned and fluttered them open, instantly regretting it as a light ray burned through my eyes and caused immense pain to emerge from my brain into my pupils.

Was that even possible?

Rubbing my eyes, I looked and around and noticed I was in a hospital room, my brother Noah sleep in a bed three metres away from my bed and causing me to shift uncomfortably because of our not-so-close distance.

Wait.

Where was I?

How did I get into a hospital room when, 3 hours earlier, my ass was on a comfortable known bed and my hands were typing away on my iMac? And how on earth did my brother not wake up before me? He was suppose to be taking care of me.

I shot my head quickly at my sleeping brother when I felt him start to move.

His eyes opened immediately when he felt that he wasn't sleeping on his familiar $1200 dollar bed, the bed he picked out since his 7 year old age. He yawned and rubbed his hazel brown eyes.

I found it funny when he started panicking and kind of calming down a bit when he saw me.

"What the actual fuck?" He said loudly.

"I know. I'm just as confused as you are. Although I feel like your the one who did this as a Prank with your dumb friends." I said after he walked in front of me and sat down on the edge of the bed.

He froze. "Wait, you didn't do this?"

I shook my head.

"So basically, we're in a room, in a hospital, with no information how or why?" He asked.

"Pretty much." I nodded.

"Well where's the nurse? Or the doctor? Where the fuck are we anyway?"

I got up and put a hand on my lip as I walked to the door and opened it, I glanced at the empty hallway and gave him a confused glance as I turned around.

"There's no one here."

He jumped in alarm. "What!?"

I huffed.

My legs tripped as I walked over the hallway and found a exit near the back, my face going into a small smile.

"Found an exit." I stated.

Before I could turn around he ran out the room and jumped for the grey doors in the back of the hallway. Instincts aside, I followed, head on his heels.

I found him standing by the wall and taking his phone out, his eyebrows hooked together in frustration. "No way."

Walking over, my head leaned next to his, my eyes searching the screen and finding the most shocking word in printed on it.

'Welcome to Mystic Falls.'

"What the hell...?" He whispered.

"This is wrong, no it can't be." I said quickly, my heart thumping loudly.

"Please tell me we aren't in a TV series that you are highly addicted to?" He asked, his eyes seemingly bored at the result of our confusing destination.

"I ..I don't know.." I trailed off.

We can't be..