ACT II

Renjun is awoken by a sharp shove to his shoulder, a cold voice above him ordering him to stand up and retreat back to his quarters. Renjun stands, bleary eyes and disgruntled mind, fumbling with his feet as the world before him spun out of its axis. Tilting his world 60 degrees before he falls to the floor.

The person who had woken him up sighs deep, and before Renjun can stand up himself, there were arms grabbing him and hauling him onto his feet. His vision hasn't stopped spinning yet, and it's been a while. Renjun clutches his head and moans out of pain.

"Goddammit. Get Haechan." A sharp voice snapped, and Renjun distantly hears the footfalls of the other people who had accompanied the leader. He is grabbed once more, but this time a little more gently. Renjun can hear how loud his heartbeat has increased, the ringing in his ears steadily growing. It was agonizing, and scary.

"Listen to me, Renjun." Renjun's head snapped up, eyes watery with tears but unseeing. His pale face was clouded with a thin sheen of sweat, and his irises were cloudy. "Listen to my voice, Renjun-ah... that's right." They nodded, clapping their hands to grab his attention when he turned his head to the opposite direction.

"Can you say the names of the people you know in this establishment?" They ask him. Renjun nods obediently, cringing when his head explodes with a burst of pain. He whines, curling in on himself. "Renjun!"

Their voice was muffled, and as though there was something pressing down on Renjun's hearing. The kind of feeling you'd get underwater, and someone is shouting to grab your attention. He gasped, feeling the stab of pain shoot deeper through his skull, flashes of white hurting his eyes whenever he blinked.

The footsteps returned, all heavy and hurried but Renjun can tell that one was lighter than the others, and the rapid way they were walking was as though they were extremely worried and in great disbelief. Renjun just hopes it's Haechan, because everyone else had stayed away from him, and this was the only fool in the facility to approach him without any hesitation in their body.

The scent of flowers breached Renjun's nostrils, easing up the throbbing pain in his head, even if it's only for a moment. The slow brief relief of being able to breathe and see was such a blessing to Renjun.

Haechan's pretty face, although a little unclear, made Renjun smile through the thick cloud of pain that overrode his other senses. Haechan appeared extremely distressed, hands hovering before Renjun's face, clenching and releasing them repetitively. There is a tremor in them, that appeared so unusual because Haechan never shakes. Never out of nervousness or fear.

Renjun reaches out for his friend with his right hand, smiling gently. Haechan's lower lip wobbled, panic quickly flashing through Haechan's face when he switched back and forth between Renjun's hand to Renjun's face.

What was he scared of? Renjun wonders, the pain becoming a gnawing reminder instead of the overbearing sharpness it was a few minutes ago. Haechan reached forward and pulled Renjun's left hand away from his head, quickly dropping Renjun's hand as if he had been scalded.

In just a split second interaction with their hands, Haechan became pallid and haunted. There were dark bags under his eyes, and his full cheeks became sunken. An ashy color laid on his skin. The sight of it all scared Renjun. 

So much, it made his whole world darken, and he can faintly feel his body fall over, Haechan reaching out to grab him and then...

Nothing.

🧡💚🧡

Haechan watched the entire thing happen with a sleepy disposition, but seeing Renjun's face become so ghastly, his eyes nearly popping out of his sockets, and his body so thin it was almost paper-like. It was a nightmare come to life.